Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

GreenPro Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer Review

Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer Review


I have used several infrared thermometers over the years at work, and I am so happy that the prices are down enough that regular people can afford them now. I was very pleased to get approved to review the GreenPro Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer.



What is awesome about this?

Laser beam- accurate 
Touch free
Great for moving objects
Temperature Range: -50℃~380℃ (-58℉~716℉)
Accuracy: ±2% or 2℃ 
Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1 
Emissivity Adjustable: 0.95(fixed) 
Response Time and Wavelength: 500ms and (8-14)um 
Repeatability: ±1% or±1℃ 
Resolution: 0.1℃ or 0.1℉ 
Storage Temperature: -20-50℃ (-4-122℉) 
Operating Temperature: 0-50℃ (50-122℉)


Use this for
hot engine parts
cooking surfaces
swimming pools
bath water
wine coolers
hot asphalt
electric bearings




First off, I love that it came with batteries. We have a toddler in the house and go through batteries literally daily, and this is one less set I need to go look for in the house.

The design is light and easy to use- pretty standard for what I have seen in higher priced models.

I am a huge energy conservation fan. For one, I am a treehugger, and for the other, I am cheap. I don't like to waste energy- for me it is just money out the window.

I have used these thermometers to do my own little energy surveys in the house. I have found missing sheets of insulation in my attic and areas where insulation is needed in walls.

I can test the temp of my floors and ceilings and see where I am letting heat in. Once I identify problem areas, I just need to get down to fixing them.

It is really easy to use this model- batteries on, turn it on and point and beep away. The readout is clear and it is easy to understand what the results are.







Overall- I think everyone needs one of these in their house! Thanks so much for letting us review the GreenPro Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer.