Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

FSL Patriot Electronic Earmuff For Shooting Review


FSL Patriot Electronic Earmuff For Shooting Review






I am an environmental and safety person by day, so I am always interested in testing out new equipment that keeps hearing protected. I was happy to get approved to review the FSL Patriot Electronic Earmuff For Shooting.



The page above is the spec sheet that was included with the head phones. There is some important info here, and I think a lot of people skip it. 

Unlike industrial work areas, when you are out shooting you still want to hear background noises- it could be important in the woods! So these earmuffs protect you up to 28dB and you can still hear what is going on around you. You really want to be able to talk to your friends when you are shooting.


The lifetime on a set of batteries is reported to be 30 hours. I have not tested it that long, but I have no reason to doubt it. That is nice if you are going to be out and about for awhile. AA batteries are used and are always easy to find.


The FSL Patriot Electronic Earmuff For Shooting is lightweight and stores easily when not in use. The muffs are adjustable and I found them pretty comfy. I don't think I would want to wear them 30 hours straight, but I don't think I could do that with any hearing protection. lol





The battery compartment is easy to access, and I have to tell you that is refreshing. Sometimes I test stuff that needs a screwdriver and a degree in engineering to get a battery in or out.. lol.


I have never used electronic ear muffs before this, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I have to say that I am pleased with the performance so far. I haven't had them out shooting yet, it is just too darn hot to be out in the desert at this time of year. But I did some toddler testing and I was reluctant to take them off.. chatty toddlers. I love her but sometimes I need a volume control on her.. and I have it!

Overall I have a very positive impression of the FSL Patriot Electronic Earmuff For Shooting. Thanks so much for letting me test them.