Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Vanilla OIive Oil Cake Recipe with Organic Vanilla Bean Powder

Organic Vanilla Bean Powder Review



We love baking treats in our house, so it was a very fine day when the Organically Grown Vanilla Bean Powder showed up at my door.  ( I had already started a Pinterest Page to keep my recipes.)

I love vanilla and I love to find new ways to use it. The flavor is my my favorite!

What Is Vanilla Bean Anyway?

  • the dried seed pod of the vanilla plant 
  • a tropical fruit of Vanilla planifolia
  • a species of vanilla orchid in genus Orchidadeae
  • vanillin that is responsible for the typical vanilla taste and scent


What is Ground Vanilla Bean Used For?
  • most used for culinary purposes
  • substitute for vanilla extract
  • enrichs the taste of coffee before brewing
  • gifts and crafts, and other DIY projects
  • anti-inflammatory properties 
  • aromatherapy







I finally ended up deciding on a vanilla cake. I decided on this recipe because I had the ingredients.. lol

Vanilla Cake


1 cup white flour
1/4 cup almond flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla bean powder

I mixed it all up and put in a greased and parchment paper lined pan. This was in a 9 x 13 pan, so it was a thin cake. ( I am sure I committed a cake violation here, but it worked.)

I cooked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, checking often since I had modified the recipe. I also like browned edges.. no frosting for me either.




This was my result. HEAVEN. 

I love the vanilla flavor of this cake. 

It is also beautiful- the vanilla is visible in the cake- little flecks of vanilla delight. I ate this cake pretty quickly. It was so moist.  I have never used olive oil before in a cake, but it was really great. I thought I would never convert from butter cakes, but here we are.

Overall, I think the  Organically Grown Vanilla Bean Powder is so yummy. I can't wait to make some more delicious treats! Thanks!