We love baking treats in our house, so it was a very fine day when the Organically Grown Vanilla Bean Powder showed up at my door. ( I had already started a Pinterest Page to keep my recipes.)
I love vanilla and I love to find new ways to use it. The flavor is my my favorite!
What Is Vanilla Bean Anyway?
- the dried seed pod of the vanilla plant
- a tropical fruit of Vanilla planifolia
- a species of vanilla orchid in genus Orchidadeae
- vanillin that is responsible for the typical vanilla taste and scent
What is Ground Vanilla Bean Used For?
- most used for culinary purposes
- substitute for vanilla extract
- enrichs the taste of coffee before brewing
- gifts and crafts, and other DIY projects
- anti-inflammatory properties
I finally ended up deciding on a vanilla cake. I decided on this recipe because I had the ingredients.. lol
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
I mixed it all up and put in a greased and parchment paper lined pan. This was in a 9 x 13 pan, so it was a thin cake. ( I am sure I committed a cake violation here, but it worked.)
I cooked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, checking often since I had modified the recipe. I also like browned edges.. no frosting for me either.
This was my result. HEAVEN.
I love the vanilla flavor of this cake.
It is also beautiful- the vanilla is visible in the cake- little flecks of vanilla delight. I ate this cake pretty quickly. It was so moist. I have never used olive oil before in a cake, but it was really great. I thought I would never convert from butter cakes, but here we are.
Overall, I think the Organically Grown Vanilla Bean Powder is so yummy. I can't wait to make some more delicious treats! Thanks!