Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

OZ Naturals Anti-Aging Solar Shield Review

OZ Naturals Anti-Aging Solar Shield Review





I live in the Valley of the Sun- or Valley of the Sunstroke.. or just Phoenix. We wear sunscreen every day of the year here, so we do not mess around.

I was very pleased to get approved to review OZ Naturals Anti-Aging Solar Shield.

What is this sunscreen all about?

The ingredients from their website are as follows:

"Titanium Dioxide (6%) Zinc Oxide (6%)
Full List of Ingredients:
Aloe barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Aqua (Deonized Water), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Ethylexylglycerin, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Lecithin, OctylPalmitate, Phenoxyethanol, PrunusAmygdalusDulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, SesamumIndicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Tocopherol (Vitmain E), Xanthan Gum"

As you can see, it is a physical sunscreen instead of a chemical sunscreen. These are a lot healthier in my opinion!

The cocoa butter and sunflower oil are so soothing on skin by themselves, so having them here is just a great bonus.. and Aloe? Well we put that on everything out here! It grows in my yard. It is known to benefit skin and healing. 

I am not sure of the science of anti-aging for this formula, but nothing is more anti-aging than protecting your skin from the sun. Sun damage is just something I am avoiding daily. I have been careful since moving here, but not enough because I have some spots on my face! I clearly did not start sunscreen soon enough as a kid. 



What was my experience with OZ Naturals Anti-Aging Solar Shield?


I am not a huge fan of standard sunscreens that have that "smell" so if I find something that works well and the smell is good or at least not offensive, I stick with it. And we go through a lot! 

I thought the scent was kind of like white glue.. I know, sounds funny, but it was just that kind of scent. It dissipated pretty quickly, so if you don't like glue, it passes. I happen to think it is a nice scent.

I thought the OZ Naturals Anti-Aging Solar Shield was a little thinner in consistency than I am used to. It covered well, and I could see where I put it and it rubbed in quickly. I think this container is going to last me a lot longer than some of the other formulas I have tried. 

I wore it out for my daily errands, and I did not burn or even tan. This time of year we run in and out of air conditioning, so it isn't like I sat out and tested it- it has been too hot! But if I do errands without sunscreen I will darken or even burn, so I think this is a good result. 

The sunscreen is not waterproof, and that is fine. Every day use for me will mean re-application from sweating, but it is just desert life!

I did not add a moisturizer or other product when I used this. I felt it was enough on its own. When I get too much on my face I feel weird.. lol. My skin felt great.

I didn't have any irritation or burning when I used it, and my skin does react to some sunscreens, so I am very pleased about that!

Overall, I am very pleased with the results of the OZ Naturals Anti-Aging Solar Shield. Thanks so much for letting me review it!