Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Montage Photo Book Review

Montage Photo Book Review







I was very excited to get the chance to review a Montage Photo Book .

They gave my account a credit, and I was set loose to create a masterpiece with all of our family photos.





I initially uploaded about 80 photos for my book. I wasn't sure how their system would work, but it took them and put them in chronological order. That really made the most sense for my pictures. I did not have to sit there and try to fuss them into order myself.




The editor really created perfect groupings on its own. I had 4-5 photos taken on the same day in a few cases, and it put them on the same page or 2 together, and they looked pretty darn good.


I was able to select a background theme from a ton of choices. There are simple white or black backgrounds and then there are fancier ones like chevron or art deco.. I chose a nature looking theme. I AM a treehugger after all!




The editor also selected a few photos for the cover. I was happy with what it came up with, so I really left them as they were.. just moved them around a bit.


As for the rest of the pages, I re-arranged a few pages myself, but only after I realized I had gone way over the credit I was given.. lol. I cut a few pages out, and then rearranged a few pages to get some images back in.






I ended up with about 6 less pictures than I started with, and that was really ok for the book. I didn't see some of the pics were blurry until I reviewed the editor book.


I love the way you can flip through the pages of your book before it gets made. It gives you a real sense of what you are creating.


Shipping was said to be 6 days from the day I ordered the book.


My book arrived within the time allotted. I was TOTALLY bowled over with this book! 

I have had several photo books over the years, and from different companies. I do love them all- they have precious memories of my family. But NONE of the books I have made were as nice as the one from Montage.  I am not just saying that because I got it for review. I have had others.. this was no match!


The book was in a box that protected it well. Inside of that was a plastic sealed inner box, that is perfect for gift giving and storage. 


The cover looks like a soft leather. The photos embedded in the cover, but a different material. They have a different feel to them that is very satisfying. 





The pages are not paper - they are like a thick photo mat paper.. if that makes sense. It is heavier than average card stock. It is incredibly sturdy- and that is good with a toddler who lives pictures.


All the images looked fantastic. The art work that I chose looked fantastic. The whole thing was just FANTASTIC.




As I was flipping through it for the fifth time, I noticed that the inside covers were light collage images from our book! It was a custom inner cover. I have never seen anything like that before and it was really neat.





Overall I am AMAZED by my Montage Photo Book. I will be very pleased to shop with them again in the future, as these books make unforgettable books. 


Thank you so much for letting us try this!


Now check out my video review!