Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Cycle Torch Shark 500 USB Rechargeable Bike Light Review


Cycle Torch Shark 500 USB Rechargeable Bike Light Review




We love testing bike lights, so we were excited to try out the Cycle Torch Shark 500 USB Rechargeable Bike Light.



It comes with a light for the front and also a red light for the back of your bike. 

So what is awesome about this light set?

  • 500 lumens- SO bright
  • Universal attachment
  • Flat beam- shows drivers you are there without blinding them
  • USB rechargeable
  • Four modes-High - 500 Lumens - 1.5 Hours, Medium - 250 Lumens - 3 Hours, Low - 50 Lumens - 15 Hours, Flash - 30+ hours!
  • Watter resistant for rain
  • Blue and Silver available

What was my experience with the Cycle Torch Shark 500 USB Rechargeable Bike Light?


It is bright! SO bright that we were not able to let the toddler play with it without serious supervision. We feel a toddler test is always the best for these sorts of items- if they can stand up to her, they are going to perform for you.


The power button lights up blue when it is working. Then it flashes it's main light to let you know how charged it is- then it turns red to let you know it needs a charge.

I had initially received a light that was defective. It got extremely hot when charging for a short time and then wouldn't light up. Oddly, it was hot for hours after I unplugged it. Kind of made me nervous as I didn't know what happened.

Customer service was fantastic and they sent a new one right out. I got that one charged up with no issues. The light says it will stay on for 1.5 hours on the high setting and I think that is just about correct from my test. I will say it felt warm after that, and I am not sure if that is normal for a light like this. But it still works after several charge and discharge cycles. (and toddler abuse)

I will say it is working!

We ended up having 2 red back lights, so we put them both on the toddler's tricycle for testing. They ran for a long time.. much longer than the main light but I didn't keep as close track.

The attachments easily accommodated the fat handlebars of a trike.  We needed to make a separate attachment for the main light- it is not as large. I think a regular bike will be ok with this.

The charger is the same size as my phone and tablet, so if you lose it, you won't have any issues with replacement.



Yeah, my toddler rolls in style down the hallway...

Overall, I am pleased with the performance of this bike light set. I can't wait for the temps to cool a bit so we can do some mamma bike testing.. but it has been over 110 for almost 2 weeks now.. lol.

Thanks so much for letting us try this out!