Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

SunLabz D-Rechargeable Batteries NiMH 10000mAh Review




SunLabz D-Rechargeable Batteries NiMH 10000mAh Review

Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for my honest review.







I have an old style Radio Shack battery charger.. I don't think I have ever had D cell batteries in it- I had purchased it for some C cells if I recall.. for a boom box.. so yeah- this is kind of an old charger. 

However, I was pleased to whip it back out to try these batteries. I do a lot of product reviewing, and I got a lantern in the mail last week that needed D batteries. This was fate people! I did not have an other D cell batteries in the house...

This is the lantern- the review for this will probably come out later this month...

AYL StarLight - 300 Lumens Ultra Bright LED Lantern - Perfect Camping Lantern for Hiking, Camping, Emergencies, Hurricanes, Outages - Battery Powered Ultra Long Lasting - Super Bright - Water Resistant


But first off- why use the SunLabz 10000mAh NiMH D Rechargeable Batteries - 4 pack?



  • They are more eco friendly than disposables- hands down. Every time. The folks at SunLabz report that


" In the United States alone, each year 2.9 billion batteries are thrown away with 179,000 Tons of them ending up in Landfills. By taking a small step through switching to rechargeable batteries and recycling old cells we can make a difference together!"


  • They are cheaper in the long run. A set of D batteries will run $8-$10 on Amazon. Even if you used these rechargeables a few times, you have saved money. 



  • The SunLabz batteries are reported to go up to 1000x recharges.. omg.. I am impressed with this. I think I would need more than a month to test that out..






What was my experience with the SunLabz 10000mAh NiMH D Rechargeable Batteries - 4 pack?


I put the batteries on the super fancy Radio Shack multi charger over night, and by morning they were ready to roll. 

I plugged 3 of the batteries into the lantern and let it sit, on its high setting.. for hours.. it kept going. I sat in its LED glow for you dear viewers.. just to make sure it would last. And it did.

Next I gave the lantern to the toddler to play with.. all day.. and the lantern is still going. She napped with it, she sat in her little playhouse with it, and she lugged it all over the house. Still running. 

I have not run the batteries out.

I would like to tell you that they recharged 1000 times, but at this rate, they are going to last forever on this charge, (ok that is probably an exaggeration) I do feel pretty confident that these batteries are performing well, and will continue to do so.

The next thing I need to do- is get myself a solar battery charger, and I am going to be the eco- queen!

Overall, I am completely satisfied with the SunLabz 10000mAh NiMH D Rechargeable Batteries - 4 pack. I will be very pleased to have these handy for 1000 more cycles.

Thanks so much!