Disclosure: I received a free sample in exchange for my honest review.
We have had a thing for Snickerdoodle blondies around the house here lately. But of course, I am trying to watch my sugar intake.. so this makes for a bit of a problem.
A lot of times if I can get enough protein in a carby food I don't have as much of a blood sugar spike. Many times I add nuts to help.. but the man of the house doesn't like nuts mixed in food.
Along comes a review for Morning Pep Blanched Almond Flour. Hooray for this! They sent us a 2 pound bag AND a 5 pound bag. I can tell you- we are putting those bags through the works!
What is almond flour all about?
- Made from 100% all-natural Gluten-Free blanched almonds
- Substitute for wheat flour in cakes, breads, cookies, muffins and more
- Great source of dietary fiber, Vitamin E, protein, iron, magnesium & calcium
- Very finely-ground it Gives baked goods and sweets a rich flavor and moist texture
- Certified Kosher And Gluten Free with No additives or preservative
- Considered pasteurized by the USDA and The Almond Board of California
So what was our experience with Morning Pep Blanched Almond Flour?
We love it. I have added it to ice cream, and I love the texture and flavor that it adds to such a simple snack. In the morning I have been eating the almond flour with yogurt and granola.
I was grinding up pecans for a few days, but I have some teeth issues and it was really starting to get a bit much for me. Almond flour adds the protein without the crunch of whole or ground nuts.
I of course modified the snickerdoodle blondie recipe below- so check that out-
I didn't even get a peep out of the family with the substitution I made. I think next time I will try to sub just a bit more and see how it goes!
The recipe I used came from Doing Splendid.