Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Friday, May 1, 2015

Houdini Game from Think Fun Review


Houdini Game from Think Fun


Disclosure: I received a free sample of this product in exchange for my honest review.




I really love the products from Think Fun

I have reviewed several already, and I am never disappointed. Board games are sometimes forgotten in this digital world, and it is a shame, because these folks make some awesome ones. I saw several on their site besides the ones we have tried, that we would enjoy.. we will need to expand our game cabinet!

So what is Houdini all about?
Houdini  (Ages 8 to adult, MSRP: $19.99)Who isn’t intrigued by the sensational escape acts of Harry Houdini? In these 40 disentanglement puzzles featuring the great illusionist in miniature, you’ll use ropes, rings and a lock to secure him and work your magic to set him free – without undoing the clasps! Sound easy? Well, let’s just say we won’t ask you to tie yourself up quite yet! Watch the video: http://www.thinkfun.com/houdini#tabset-tab-4


This particular game is too old for my toddler, but I have to say, even though I was working through the puzzles myself, she was attentive to the whole process. She watched, gently handled the components and offered "helpful" toddler advice.




I started solving the easy puzzles first and got stumped after a few cards. The man of the house took over and got a great deal further.



We all really enjoyed the quality of the pieces and the cards that showed you how to set up the puzzles.


SO much fun even for adults.. I am sure the kids 8 and up are going to love it even more than we did, if that is possible...





 The best part- the solutions are not included in the game. Nope. You are a bit on your own.. at least until you can get to the internet. They have help available. I like that you have to jump through the extra hoops to solve the puzzles.. we have yet to seek this out online. It is way more fun to work through these together!





Thanks so much for letting us try this out.. in another few years of watching us struggle, I am sure that toddler will be solving these herself!