Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Angel Craft Podge Decoupage Glue and a Picture Frame Mat



Angel Craft Podge Decoupage Glue and a Picture Frame Mat





We love crafting in our house, so we were excited to get approved to review Angel Craft Podge  Decoupage Glue.

I have about 50 projects in mind, but I finally settled on one for you. I took an old photo mat that I had in a cabinet and decided to spruce it up.


What did I use?



Angel Craft Podge  Decoupage Glue
mulberry paper strips
die-cut cut outs of trees, flowers and butterflies
glitter


What is awesome about this Angel Craft Podge  Decoupage Glue?



  • It comes with a brush and its own cap.
  • It is semi-gloss, which looks fabulous
  • 6 ounces in a package- covers a lot!
  • Dries fast and clear
  • Low odor
  • Non-toxic
  • Water resistant
  • UV resistant
  • Lifetime guarantee

I really enjoyed using this product on my picture mat. It was super easy to use, it cleaned up nicely when I got it all over my sewing table and it had a low odor. 

I like the way it is super forgiving with extra brushing and layers as well. I made SO many layers on a project and the way it looked was very satisfying.

The shine was also perfect for my project.


 





So here is the boring mat. This is an 8x10 mat so it will fit a 5x7 picture when it is done. 


It has little bevels on the inside. I kind of ignored them- I like the way a little white will poke out in the frame.


I am sizing up the mulberry paper strips. They were precut.


Mulberry paper is kind of see through- at least this kind is. It makes for a fantastic mat!


I started lining up the paper and slathering on the Angel Craft Podge  Decoupage Glue. It looks so awesome already. Unlike some podges, this one is glossy- so this awesome shine won't go away when it dries.



Tadah!


I decided to overlap pieces of paper- looking back, I would not do this- or I would do it more randomly.




When the Angel Craft Podge  Decoupage Glue was still wet I sprinkled a touch of glitter on top of the paper and podge.


I was loving this look. And I think I ended up using 3 or 4 glitter colors by the time I was done.

Next I took some scrap paper that I had laying around, and used punches to cut out the little shapes.








Angel Craft Podge  Decoupage Glued these little guys in place, and tossed on more glitter. I only glued around them, so in the end I went back over the whole thing to give a more consistent finish.





 Here is the finished product. I am now looking for a nice picture to hang this with!




I think the layers give this all a lot of depth, and I love the shine.





Overall, I am a huge fan of Angel Craft Podge  Decoupage Glue. Thanks so much for letting us play with a new material!