Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Supernova Orion Camping Lantern / Power Bank Review



Supernova Orion Camping Lantern / Power Bank Review


Disclosure: I received a free sample of this product in exchange for my honest review.






We love any kind of flashlights and lanterns in our house. I was super excited to get approved to review the Supernova Orion Camping Lantern / Power Bank.


What are the features of the Supernova Orion Camping Lantern / Power Bank?


  • 180 Max Lumens Lantern
  • Built in Power Bank charges phones, tablets, or any other handheld device 
  • Easy On/Off Operation by simply opening and closing the lantern
  • Compact and retractable design
  • Brushed gun metal finish



The Ultra Bright LED Lantern component has 4 different settings:

  • High
  • Low
  • Red
  • Flashing Red

All included:

  • 3 AA 1.5V Alkaline Batteries (don't you hate looking for batteries?)
  • 2 Rechargeable Lithium Ion Batteries
  • Micro USB Recharging Cable
  • Instructions and Manufacturer Warranty Registration Details


Personally, I hate being in the dark. I have slept with a flashlight or lantern next to my bed ever since the power went out in the Northridge Earthquake of 1994. I hate being in the dark!

So this lantern is a super great product for me. Sure, I might use it for camping some day, but for now I use it next to my bed. 

It comes in handy for a number of reasons. My toddler adores it. She likes the red light function, and will often not go to sleep until I put it on. She also demands story time before bed, and I like to keep the big overhead lights off, to get her sleepy- and we use the lantern, just opened a touch, to light the book... but not the whole room. She will be out in minutes.

I also like the fact that she can easily open the lantern herself and get light quickly. If she is alone in her room and scared, it is always available to her. It is very sturdy so I know she will not easily destroy it.

This lantern is bright! 

If you are looking to illuminate a wide space, this is the one for you. I have an older lantern with a regular bulb, and that is not bright at all. It can get you to the bathroom in an outage, but I suspect for camping it wouldn't help much. 


The batteries have lasted like crazy- we have used it almost daily since we got it, and have left it on for hours and it is still going.

As a bonus, you can also charge your phone on it. This makes it the perfect power outage companion to me. We don't have a land line, so it is nice to know we can always charge the cells in an extended outage period.. or while camping of course!

Overall, I am in love with the Supernova Orion Camping Lantern / Power Bank. I know we will be using it for a long, long time. Thanks!!