Shin Splint/Calf Compression Sleeves Review
Disclosure: I received a free sample of this product in exchange for my review.
I have used compression socks in the past, and have been pretty happy with them, but I don't always like the way they fit my ankles.
I was happy to try the Alien Armor compression sleeve instead.
What is awesome about the Alien Armor Calf Compression and Performance Sleeves?
- increase blood and lymphatic flow
- help improve performance and expedite recovery
- keep your muscles warm to prevent muscle strain and fatigue
- focus your muscle's energy to generate maximum explosive power, acceleration and long-term endurance they deliver increased power and stamina
What kind of activities can benefit?
- Weight Training
- Body Building
- Crossfit Training
- all Ball Sports
- Avoiding Shin Splints and Soreness
They forgot one though- ice hockey!! This would be a great added layer underneath shin pads.. especially if you like to wear short socks or no socks in your skates, but don't want you pads against your skin.
What is special about Alien Armor?
* Innovative Design That Conforms to the Body's Natural Contour
* Superior Design and UV Protection for Years of Use
* Superior Moisture Management That Keeps You Warm and Dry
* Alien Armor Compression Fabric Reduces Soreness, Cramping and Fatigue
* Designed by a Team of Sports Professionals
What was my experience with Alien Armor?
For me, it covers the crucial part- the calf, without bothering my ankles or feet. I am fussy!
I am on some medication that gives me cramping in my calves and so I thought this might be helpful to keep the muscle warm and stabilized all day.
The fit was good- I like the rubbery bit at the top and bottom that help keep it in place. Nothing worse than having the sleeve fall down!. I felt I had good support all day and after a little while forgot I was even wearing these.
The only complaint I had, which is pretty much the same complaint I have with any sock or sleeve I get these days- there was an odor about the sleeve when I unwrapped it. Washing didn't take it out- so I did what I always do with new socks- hang it outside for a few days in the sun. It seems to kill the odor, and then I can wash and wear with no problem.
Overall, a great product and I will be happy to Alien Armor these when I get back into hockey again!