Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

FSL Gunblock Review



FSL Gunblock Review

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product in exchange for my honest review.











I am a safety professional, so we are all about hearing protection in this household. I was very happy to test out the FSL Gunblock Luxury Ear Defenders.

In case you were wondering, hearing is one sense that is gone when it is gone. Damage to ears is almost always permanent, and it pains me to see young people with damage when I test them at work. Ipods, engines, sporting events, concerts, and or course shooting can all damage hearing- and unnecessarily.



What are some features of the FSL Gunblock Luxury Ear Defenders?



  • High quality materials
  • Built to last
  • Foldable design
  • Adjustable cups for different head sizes
  • Easy open frustration free eco packaging
  • Lifetime support and 3 Year warranty
  • SNR is 29dB and NRR is 26dB 
We wear hearing protection to hockey games, and that is mostly what these will be for for me. My daughter has a pair of baby headphones, and I suspect that if she sees me in a pair, she will be more likely to keep hers on. BONUS!

I have the tiny foam and plastic earplugs that everyone gets from work, but to be honest they make my ears itch when I wear them for very long.. not sure why. Seems to be a recent issue that I am having. 


So how did the FSL Gunblock Luxury Ear Defenders work?


I tried them out with a toddler around, so that is a pretty high decibel test. 

She screeched for me several times, up close as a special test. 

I have to say- I could still hear her, but it wasn't ear shattering like normal. I can tell you that a toddler has a very load screech...very very loud.

I was able to wear these through a variety of screech sessions, and found them to be comfortable and easy to put on and take off, without ripping out my hair.  

I can easily see how wearing them shooting would be a no brainer. They are lightweight and fold up easily into a bag or backpack, and they seem sturdy enough to take some abuse. Keeping these around is a great idea.

Overall, I was very pleased with the FSL Gunblock Luxury Ear Defenders and will be very glad to wear them for something other than toddler screeching!



ps- I am still playing with video reviews- so check out this one!