Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

FSL Xylem Headphone Review

FSL Xylem Headphone Review

Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for my honest review.







I have to admit, when I first got approved for the FSL Xylem headphones, I had it in my mind that I would be giving them to the man of the house. He listens to audio books all day and night, and really burns through headphones at a speed that is not to be imagined. 

He breaks them! He loses them!

So when I opened the box of FSL Xylem I was really quite impressed with them and decided that I would take them to the office. I had a webinar to attend, and I needed a way to listen without holding a phone in my hand for an hour.

I really liked the little pouch that the headphones came in. I have had a lot of containers in the past but most have been had plastic, heavy, bulky, and annoying. I really despise winding up the plastic doo-hickeys. 

Who has time for that? Not me. 

This has a little coin purse of sorts, and I can jam the headphones right on into it without worrying about it. It keeps them from being too tangled in my purse. It keeps the little plastic ear covers in the right place.
Additionally, there was a baggie of more of those little plastic ear covers in the pouch. Fantastic. Those things DO get lost sometimes, but in the pouch, there are more!

The design of the headphones themselves is sleek and attractive. There is a wood grain look that is kind of treehuggery and I love that. I also love that they aren’t some wacky color that looks like a kid would wear them. Of course they could, but hey, a neutral choice is nice.

The sound on the headphones was very satisfying. I listened to the very informative (hint:boring) webinar from my laptop and was able to hear all the tones and inflections in the presenter’s voice. 

I didn’t miss a single peep. I also listened to a Stephen King audio book of high quality on my Sansa MP3 player, and some tunes. Everything sounded crystal clear.

I am told the wooden components of these headphones make them unique in sound.. they are! Additionally, there is a built in microphone. 

This is a very serious device!



Overall, I am completely satisfied with these headphones. I will NOT be giving them to the man of the house. I will be keeping them for myself. HA!