Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Natural Peel Off Nail Polish Review



Natural Peel Off Nail Polish Review 








I am not a particularly girly girl, but I do like doing my nails. 
I was very happy to get approved to review Play Love Laugh Nail Polish so I could share the fun of colorful nails with my daughter. 

We reviewed Royal Princess and Purple Fairy Twinkle.

Since I am a treehugger, I am pretty choosy about the nail polish I bring into my house. I try not to get anything with toluene and formaldehyde for myself, but even with those chemicals out, I have not felt comfortable putting that on my daughter.

I also would not use nail polish remover on her. I rarely even use it myself, really.. I am still chipping away some black nail polish on my toes from HALLOWEEN. lol I hate acetone!

So when  Play Love Laugh Nail Polish came along, I was delighted to try it out.







Toddler toenails.. she won't let me cut them, but she will let me paint them;)

What makes this polish special?


It is the first ever patented formula of a natural peel off nail polish made with fruits and vegetables!

Hugo Naturals makes this polish with carrots, beets, spinach, acerola cherries, black currents, sugar. I am not sure how that all comes about, but I am very excited to read about that.

They have 12 awesome colors




Unlike every other polish I have ever used-- this polish is odor free.. I mean, really- no nasty toxic scents filling my home after painting 10 little fingers and 10 little toes.


What Play Love Laugh Nail Polish is:



  • odorless
  • kid friendly
  • eco friendly
  • vegan
  • gluten free
  • quick drying
  • animal friendly (safe for pets to use)
  • safe for expecting moms, 
  • no  nail polish removers are needed
  • completely toxic free
  • non-carcinogenic



What Play Love Laugh Nail Polish does not have:


  • nitrocellulose
  • alcohols
  • acetates
  • acetones
  • ethers
  • FD&C dyes

So WOW. That is a lot of goodness in a bottle of nail polish.


But how well do they work?


We were sent 2 colors to try- one had sparkles, which we used on my toddler's toes, and the other was a pink color with a sheen, but no sparkles. 

I only put one coat on her finger nails, as we were having some wiggling issues after sitting still for fingers and then toes twice. The color still looked pretty spectacular, although they do suggest 2 coats.

They dry SUPER fast. I really didn't have to worry about her getting polish on her clothes or such.

As for longevity, their numbers were pretty much on point- they advise that toes will last 7-30 days and the fingernails will last an average of 4-5 days.

We are still looking at perfect toes after a week. The finger nails are about 50/50 after a week. This is a week of baths, hand washing, playing with dirt and crafts and basic toddler life. I don't think I would get a week out of my nail polish, so this is impressive!

I have not yet shown her that the polish peels off.. I suspect once I do, she will peel it all off overnight.. lol. I am really enjoying her beautiful digits at this point.






Overall, I am extremely pleased with this product. 

Play Love Laugh Nail Polish  lets my daughter dress up like mama, and we can polish together without worrying about toxic chemicals!

Thanks so much to the folks that make this great product for letting us try it!