Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Personalized Oil Portrait From Photo Review

Personalized Oil Portrait From Photo Review




Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for my honest review.

I was really quite excited to be approved for the review of PaintYourLife.com.  This has got to be one of the more exciting reviews I have done over the years. 

I simply adore photographs. We take hundreds in a day sometimes (thanks to the auto shoot on my camera.) Once in awhile we capture a moment that feels like maybe a regular photo is not enough to capture our feeling about it.

When I was approved for a painting from a photo, I wanted to do something very special. 

We have a lot of pictures of our dog, but we found this one from when she was a puppy and it is one of our faves. We really thought this photo captured our doggie's puppyhood. 

She always looked so sad.. we thought this was so cute.

So- this was the photo we wanted to hang in our home to remember those days.




Sending your picture to PaintYourLife is so easy. You just upload the one you want, and any notes you have about it.

As you can see, we asked that the collar and leash be removed from our photo. The artist was able to easily do this for us. They also cleaned up the background and such to make the photo more pleasing.

I think they did a very nice job at this. The painting really captured our doggie's eyes- which are really the focal point of this painting.


The detail is really incredible.


The colors are captured so perfectly!





We are really super excited to have this hanging in our home. We know when people come in they will see this and comment on it. Who has a painting of their dog after all? I feel like some kind of famous person now;)

I am so pleased with this service. It was fast when you consider this was done by hand. It would make such a lovely gift for a friend or family member. I can see a family photo or beautiful vista being captured in this way, and it being a great gift to receive. 

We will be enjoying this painting for years to come. 

Thanks so much to PaintYourLife for letting us have this experience!