Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Nutritional Yeast Superfood Review



Nutritional Yeast Superfood Review





I have been such a fan of nutritional yeast. Ever since my midwife told me about a recipe to roast veggies with it, I have never looked back. 

I was so excited to try a new brand- Sari Foods. They make a Nutritional Yeast, and they sent me a free bag to try out for review. 



I happened to have a huge bag of prewashed and cut cauliflower on hand. Since toddler loves it, I know this stuff is going to be devoured in seconds.



This is the inside of the bag of yeast- it is different than the kind you bake bread with- at least the kind I used as a kid. This has fluffier flakes!


I simply douse the veggies with olive oil, then sprinkle on a TON of yeast, and I am ready to bake.




I do mix the pan up a bit to get the mix distributed more evenly. It also gets a little oil on the pan. Then I just put it in the oven on 450 until it is brown on top. I think you can really cook it for different times depending on how you like your cauliflower. I like mine on the crunchier side, but I have eaten it softer too.. it still tastes great!






I have to admit I have not explored the world of nutritional yeast further than this recipe- it is our fave and we make it often. However- help has come to the rescue in the form of a free recipe ebook from Sari when you buy their product. It gives you other great ideas to check out.



There are so many benefits to using  Sari Foods nutritional yeast:
  • 100% whole food based and naturally occurring
  • comprised of 50% protein (a complete, bioavailable and vegan source)
  • over 20% fiber
  • contains all 18 amino acids and 15 different minerals (including iron, selenium and zinc) 
  • contains natural vitamin B-complex and Beta-glucans 



Overall, this is a fantastic product and you are going to be very pleased with it! Thanks so much to Sari Foods for letting us sample their nutritional yeast!