Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

MeasuPro IRT20 Temperature Gun Non-Contact Infrared Review


MeasuPro IRT20 Temperature Gun Non-Contact Infrared  Review



Disclosure: I received a free product in exchange for my honest review.

I was so excited to get approved to review the MeasuPro IRT20 Temperature Gun . I have wanted one of these for years!

I actually played with one a few years back at my work. We were using them to check the safety of electrical boxes and I found them so easy to use!

Point and shoot and the temperature of your targeted surface appears.

The manufacture sent the following description:

"Using advanced laser technology, you can aim the temperature gun on any spot and get an accurate reading even on moving targets. This non-contact infrared thermometer has been designed for a broad range of uses including automotive diagnostics, HVAC service, electrical troubleshooting, cooking, and food preparation. When using it around the kitchen while cooking or baking this thermometer eliminates the need for messy direct contact in order to measure. It is ultra-efficient and easy to use. Features advanced ergonomic design and rugged construction for industrial environments, the finish is made of rubber oil and is sweat-proof."



I think it is the most fun tool from the garage I have around at this point- but I am a big nerd.

For me, the most valuable thing to use it for is a mini home energy audit. I was able to see the difference in temperature from room to room on my ceilings. 

In one area, the temperature difference was quite great. As it turned out, the area in question was missing a piece of insulation!

I was losing valuable heat and cooling every day from this spot- and as it turned out, it wasn't the only one!

I was able to get new insulation installed, and I know my house is better off for it.

There are 100 million ways you can use one of these. Frankly, one energy audit alone paid for the device and that was just one day.. I can't imagine how much more money I will save!

Thanks so much to the makers of the MeasuPro IRT20 Temperature Gun . We will be using this for years to come!