Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Liquid Chalkers Review

Liquid Chalkers Review






Back in the day, about a month ago actually, I was staying home with my daughter. We really loved to do arts and crafts at home. I was constantly challenged by her to come up with something new and stimulating to make sure our time at home was not full of tv!

I purchased my daughter an Ikea easel for her first Christmas. She was really too small for it then, but she came to grow into it fast enough!

The Ikea easel has a chalkboard on one side, and a dry erase board on the other. You can also roll paper on it.

Well- crayons and chalk get old pretty fast, and even regular markers apparently- so we were happy to  try the Liquid Chalkers

Really- dry chalk is such a mess. Even the low dust stuff is a disaster in the living room with a toddler. She likes to cover the whole board and grind the chalk down to nothing. 

The Liquid Chalkers were such a relief. 

The toddler is able to get the beautiful color of chalk, but without all the mess. She really likes the idea of "big girl" markers and she is really good with them. 

At first I was concerned about whether the Liquid Chalkers would stain the board. They are not meant for porous surfaces, and we were advised to do a test mark before going wild. 



I am happy to report that the chalkboard side of the Ikea easel erased like a dream. I was able to let the toddler go to it with a wet cloth, and she has as much fun cleaning it off as she does coloring it!

The colors are bright and look incredible on the board. White shows up the best, but even some of the darker ones looked good once the ink got rolling. 

The toddler dripped some ink onto the wooden part of the easel, and on herself, but it all cleaned up in the bath! 

These can also be used on other surfaces such as glass. I can see us easily using these in the future to create family messages and holiday decorations. (for the moment we don't want to give her any ideas about walls though. LOL)



Overall, I was very happy with the Liquid Chalkers- but most importantly, so is the toddler, and she is not always easy to please.

Thanks so much to the folks from Liquid Chalkers for letting us try these.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.