Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Curry and Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds Porkchops Recipe and Review

Curry and Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds Porkchops Recipe and Review





I am a huge fan of Jiva Organics. I have reviewed several of their spices and I have made some fabulous creations for my family.


I wanted to make a recipe with the Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds, so I set off to Pinterest for inspiration. There are SO many choices- here are a few of my faves-

Itzybellababy Pinterest Board

I also wanted to make my own! So here is a twist on a family fave- 

Curry and Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds Porkchops Recipe


Ingredients:

Porkchops
Can of coconut cream
Trader Joe's Curry Powder 
Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds

I am a lazy crock pot cooker.. so that is what I chose for this recipe.




I tossed in the coconut cream, a decent sprinkle or two of the Trader Joe's curry powder (I am sure you can use any brand) and then I tossed in a good sprinkling (a few tablespoons) of the Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds.

I mixed it around and tossed in the pork chops.. I think I had 4 or 5. I cooked on high for about 5 hours. (your cooking time  may vary.)



I later added some potatoes to the sauce to cook up. They were even better than the porkchops- absorbing up all the spices. mmmm. You could also use chicken very easily instead of pork!

I did use pork chops with bones, but thinking back on my experience- I would not use bones again.. I overcooked the chops and the bones and meat fell apart- it tasted great but it was a bony mess!

What I got was an incredible flavor explosion. The Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds add just the right kind of bite to the coconut cream. It had zing, but not so much that the toddler didn't love it. When I was eating the seeds by themselves to test the flavor, it kind of reminded me of a nice horseradishy taste.. 

I could see this being an really great choice to make home made mustard! I have a recipe on my Pinterest board- so it is on my list to try.

I love cooking with organic ingredients. Especially spices- the flavors just seem stronger and richer to me, and make my meals healthier. 

I also love using seeds instead of powders. The flavors stay fresher longer and again- they just taste better to me. Jiva Organics packs their spices in these wonderful resealable bags- so everything stays fresh.

Overall, the Jiva Organics Black Mustard Seeds  are a great product that I will be enjoying for a long time!

Thanks so much to Jiva Organics for letting me review this!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.