Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Book Review: "Coffee Dates From Hell"

Book Review: "Coffee Dates From Hell" 




I was recently asked to do a book review of a collection of short tales called "Coffee Dates From Hell"  I do not do a lot of book reviews, but it seemed an amusing book was in order!

The book is by Jim Tilberry.

First off, this is a super quick read. I was able to easily knock it out in an evening. I sped through the tales of several imaginary encounters with some famous and not so famous people. I really didn't know what to expect at first- whether the encounters were going to be real or not.. so it was kind of fun to see where it was going to lead. 

You can find tales that involve Houdini, Albert Einstein and a whole cast of odd and peculiar people. 


There are these amusing little drawings at the beginning of each tale. Famous faces on these funny little bodies.


My daughter can't read, but she really enjoyed looking at these a lot. Toddlers are weird.



"Coffee Dates From Hell" is probably going to be a bit offensive to you if you are a cross-dresser, from certain countries in the Middle East, a cannibal or a fan of presidents.. the book does not take it self seriously in any way. The tales can be very politically incorrect, and the description will even tell you that. It is a certain kind of humor that some people are crazy for, and some not. I find comedies the same way.. so it is not a shock.


Who might find "Coffee Dates From Hell" amusing?


I picture this book being the most amusing to a person who is in the middle of the great spouse hunt. A person who has had date after date, coffee dates specifically, and is just trying to get through it. 

If you do not have a sense of humor in the dating world, you will be just as miserable as the tale about the guy who cries on dates. 

It is not fine literature. It is an amusing book that you can read and then pass along to a friend and let them chuckle a bit. I think a lunch time read would be awesome for this- light, quick and a big enough font to be able to read it in the bathroom without too much squinting.. lol. 


 If nothing else, this book is going to make you think- well sheesh- at least my dates are not THAT bad. 


Thanks so much for the chance to review "Coffee Dates From Hell".



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.