Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Easy Halloween Craft with Glow Stick Bracelets (and a review)


Easy Halloween Craft with Glow Stick Bracelets (and a review)




I was pretty excited to receive a package of 100 Glow Sticks for review. I was tasked with finding something fun to do with them.

If you have been on Pinterest- you know that people have made THOUSANDS of things out of glowsticks... from chandeliers, to garland, entire costumes covered in glowsticks to decor for the home.

People are SO inventive! I thought for sure I could add something to the list.


My 100 Glow Sticks arrived in this very protective containers. No sticks were harmed due to this excellent packing.


These 100 Glow Sticks in some great color-s pink, orange, yellow and whitish.

I had to break one out and start taking pictures immediately. My daughter snagged this one before it even finished "opening up."

Toddlers sure love glow sticks!

In the end, I decided to make something that she would love even MORE than a pile of  100 Glow Sticks (and she was pretty enchanted with that anyway.)


Glow Stick Pumpkin Bracelet


The Glow Stick Pumpkin Bracelet is born.

Now, I happen to have a Sizzix die cutter and a pumpkin die, so I am able to whip out some felt shapes faster than you can blink an eye. 

But if you are handy with scissors- you can certainly cut a serviceable enough pumpkin yourself.

I added some glue on eyes to the little fellow with elmers glue.

When I cut the 2 little slits for the bracelet to slide through, I made it in the area where the mouth would be, so it looks like a smile.

Because I am dealing with a toddler, I made sure to glue down the little plastic connector that turns these straight glow sticks into bracelets.. I used Elmers glue again for this, and they really have stuck on quite well. Same thing for the eyes. Even still, I do not leave her unattended with any of these things.

This is a super simple idea, but she got hours of fun from this. 

My pack of 100 Glow Sticks is extremely long lasting- going well into the evening for the toddler. They are bright- you can easily see the brightness in the daytime.. 

My bracelet has still gotten tons of toddler use, even after the glow has worn out. I could just as easily take the pumpkin and slip it onto a new bracelet too.. so we can use these over and over.

She can have a matching set of as many as her arm will hold with this awesome package we received. I am loving the idea of putting several on her for trick or treating so she lights up like a pumpkin herself.. no one will miss her!

I can easily see us making similar bracelets for other holidays- a turkey on Thanksgiving, a tree on Christmas, and a star for New Year's... each cut out is so easy to make! She can even make her own once she masters scissors!

I am loving this pack of 100 Glow Sticks! Thanks so much to the manufacturers for letting us play with a set for our review:)






I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.