Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Men's TwinLuxe Smooth Shave Cream Review



Men's TwinLuxe Smooth Shave Cream Review





I was so very excited to see my package arrive with the Men's TwinLuxe Smooth Shave Cream

My man has been sporting a neck beard like he was trying to insulate against the snowpocalypse and I have to tell you I am not a fan.

I asked him if he would be the guinea pig for this review, and he agreed. Reluctantly, of course.

I have never used a luxury shaving cream before, and I know he has not, so it was really an adventure we needed to have together. And of course, I was hoping the neck beard would be a casualty.

Well the joke was on me. I chased him around for days, trying to get him to shave something.. anything on his body.. lol. 

I opened up the shave cream and let him take a look and smell.

MMMMmmmm he says. But no luck on the shave.



I am pretty sure I wiped some on him.. but he wasn't having it.

I read him the stats- for a luxury shave, moisturizing, pampering your face.. I showed him the cost- $34 suggested retail for the 5.2 oz container.. still nada. 

I told him it was for all skin types and no parabens were in it. 

(He is not impressed by much.)



I was starting to feel like a commercial for Men's TwinLuxe Smooth Shave Cream

FINALLY he comes to me, and tells me one random Sunday, that he wants to shave, but not the neck beard.. he has some other glorious design in mind that will be for his Halloween costume.


He wants to be The Dude, from the Big Lebowski.

Ok.. Finally I can do my review.


He starts with scissors, because what he had going was way too much for a shaver.


Yea. There is a lot there!

Once he gets it down to a manageable shave, he coats himself with the Men's TwinLuxe Smooth Shave Cream. At last.


HOOORAY!

It was not the complete clean up that I was hoping for, but it did get the bulk of the hair!

So how was the shave?


Well, he was concerned that the Men's TwinLuxe Smooth Shave Cream was very thick. It apparently made it harder to keep the blade clean between swipes. I suppose that is not the biggest deal, you just use a little more running water.
(The instructions say hot water, and I am pretty sure he was not using hot water.) I have had creams like that myself. The key to me is how the shave went afterwards. 

He had not shaved in quite some time as you can tell. He ALWAYS complained to me in the past when he would go from bear to smooth how itchy it always was and he would end up with ingrown hairs like mad.. which he would pick at incessantly, not realizing it..

Well, I am happy to report that I heard no itching complaints, and I have seen no ingrown hairs or little scratched up neck bits.. so I am calling this a win.


Yes. Yes it is.



Need to get your man hairs under control too? 

Check out the product on Amazon- Men's TwinLuxe Smooth Shave Cream.

Thanks so much to TwinLuxe for letting us try this. I hope to get more of this beard down.. I suppose I have to wait until after Halloween.




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.