Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Freedom Super Foods Pure Raw Cacao Powder Review


Freedom Super Foods Pure Raw Cacao Powder Review





I am not going to lie- I have fallen in love with cacao powder. I may in fact, have become an addict.. lol

I was super excited to see a review approval for the Freedom Super Foods Pure Raw Cacao Powder.. partly because I was really happy to try another brand, but honestly also because I was almost out of my last bag that I reviewed.. TERRIBLE ME!

You see, I set off collecting recipes, envisioning all the lovely pins I had collected.. blissful days and nights cooking away...cakes, pies, meat dishes, coconut balls with raw cacao... 

In the end.. I made hot cocoa. Every day. Since I got this bag, it has been the same story-- cocoa. Every. Day. 

Why mess with a good thing?

My experience to cocoa had been very limited in the past. I was not much of a connoisseur of cocoa. Now, after this bag, I declare myself in charge of all cacao reviews..

There is a difference from brand to brand.. and I am not even daring to compare this to your store bought Hershey's. (Although, if you are making chocolate cake for kids who don't discriminate- go ahead.. lol)

But this is organic. This is pure and raw, and the flavor is unbeatable. 

There is no bitterness. There is a pure chocolate taste that I think is completely delightful. 

Maybe it is the type of beans, the place they were grown or the lack of chemicals and processing.. I will need to try more brands to narrow that down entirely.. but the Freedom Super Foods Pure Raw Cacao Powder is very tasty.

I have been digging my way through this bag, and I swear I am going to make this:

Raw Coconut and Cacao Bites


http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/raw-coconut-and-cacao-bites-vegan/
http://deliciouslyella.com/recipe/raw-coconut-and-cacao-bites-vegan/

But it hasn't happened yet. 

Thanks so much to the folks that make Freedom Super Foods Pure Raw Cacao Powder

They were super friendly and have an incredible product. You should try it.. unless of course you are a chocolate addict like me.. wait.. no.. try it.. lol




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.