Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Smart-Fab Toddler Car Wash and Review


We have had a bit of a hard week this week, but it was made better by Smart-Fab. I had received some samples (generous samples) of 3 rolls of Smart-Fab and I had a sick toddler to entertain. 

It worked wonders!






I do try to keep my toddler stimulated with various activities like playing with tongs, and pasta and other interesting things.. but when she is sick she needs a few new things to keep her from going insane from feeling so bad. 

I was happy to have some new projects with Smart-Fab on the ready.




First off- what is it? 

It is a non-woven fabric used for art projects and crafting. It can be cut, glued, sewn, stitched, stapled and painted. It comes in a giant fabric roll and the ideas are endless!

I really wanted to do about 1008389798478 things with it, but I settled on the car wash first so I would get that WOW that I wanted.

So how did we do it? 

We have a great little hall area with some pictures hanging- I say this because I stuck some nails in the wall to accommodate the car wash.. lol.

I roughly measured out the amount of fabric from the roll and cut. The fabric is super easy to handle and it cuts like a cross between regular fabric and paper.. but NO paper cuts!

I nailed the first sheet of fabric across the 2 walls. I then proceeded to make messy cuts up the fabric to simulate that car wash effect.

I added another piece behind it. and used a safety pin to attach it. 

By this time the nap the toddler was taking was over. I really wanted to add some additional layers but ran out of time. She was super excited.

I got her tricycle out, and placed a half a sponge into a plastic tub with a little water. I put some towels underneath to catch the water and gave her a chamois to dry her bike. 




She sat and washed that bike forever, and then ran it through the car wash to "dry it." Not exactly right kiddo, but your smiling face made it all better;) 




The fabric is sturdy enough that she can be wild with it and it doesn't rip or come down. We still have the car wash up after days of this activity.. it doesn't get old I guess. When it does, we can pack it away in a small box and wash her bike again!

I have another project that I will be posting later in the week- Stay tuned!

Thanks so much to Smart-Fab for letting us test this out. We really needed it this week!




You can learn all about Smart-Fab by following the link to this video: http://dang.vzaar.me/1100422

For more product ideas and giveaways- be sure to visit them on Facebook and 
Pinterest 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.