Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Shandali Hot Yoga Towel Review




When I was asked to review the Shandali Hot Yoga Towel I was pretty excited to do so.



I must confess though, that I do not do ACTUAL hot yoga. What I do is sweat a lot doing regular yoga. In fact, I sweat buckets. I am pretty out of shape since the baby came and I have not done a proper yoga routine in years. 

I had been slipping on my regular mat, on the few occasions where I was able to pop out a few downward facing dogs when the toddler wasn't trying to climb on top of me. So this towel seemed to be a solution for me.

How did it work? 



I have had this sports towel for a while now and I have to admit that at first I did not like it. 

When it came to me, it had a strong chemical smelI. I  hung it outside for over a month, and it still had the smell.. then I washed it a few times.

 Still. 

I left it hanging in the garage for another month or so and the smell did go away. I washed it a few more times just to be safe. 

I don't know if it is the packaging it came in or something else, but I do have this kind of issue with a lot of stuff I buy online lately. It is a bizarre thing, and admittedly, I DO have a very sensitive nose.  It is easy enough to solve with time.

It is thin and light and really kind of an awesome fabric overall. It easily rolls up in a yoga mat without making it too bulky to fit into my mat bag. 

(Hey, I love my mat bag!)


Once I started using it, I quickly realized that the yoga function was not going to be my favorite purpose. I found that unless the towel was already a little wet, it was not going to be able to keep me from sliding on a downward facing dog. It had to be readjusted several times. 

If you are in a hot yoga class, I suspect the amount of moisture is going to be sufficient for your experience. For me- I found other uses.. 

I have been keeping it in my daughter's diaper bag and first used it when she spilled an entire glass of water on herself.


It made for a quick cleanup! 


No lie- these things absorb TONS of water.

I then used it to shade her through the parking lot on her stroller- I think all that evaporating water kept her cool. 


Overall- I think it is a great product. It washes up great. I have to say that I really have abused it and it still looks like new. The color has not faded in any way, and the shape is pretty much the same. The sun and heat is brutal in Arizona and it stood up to it!

This could be a great travel towel, or for hiking or swimming even. Or you can do like we use it- for emergencies in a diaper bag. We are set for all adventures!

Thanks so much to the makers of the Shandali Hot Yoga Towel for letting us try out their awesome towel!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.