Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

¡Sabor! – Spanish Learning Songs Review



We are such huge fans of the Whistlefritz products that we were ecstatic to receive a copy of ¡Sabor! – Spanish Learning Songs to review. 

When we got the package, the toddler was certain it was for her, and it was!










My toddler has been learning French words from the video and cd that we reviewed not too long ago. Now we have a chance to add Spanish to her routine. (This also fits in with some other reviews of Spanish learning products we have been doing.)


I have to admit that the first time we put on this cd, it was not instantaneous dancing like we experienced the first time we heard a Whistlefritz product. 

I think she recognized the tune we heard "CUANDO SEA GRANDE", but was thrown off because the singer and language was different. It was kind of funny actually. 

She really is taking the experience to heart!

After a few seconds she was on her way to elated dancing in the manner I was used to. We buzzed through the cd and she was happily playing and dancing the entire time. (When she doesn't like something she is very quick to point it out immediately these days!)

Our favorite song is CUANDO SEA GRANDE and to be honest, when I am humming along in my head randomly, I am as likely to sing it in French as often as Spanish. It is really nice to be able to have it in both languages.


  1. CUANDO SEA GRANDE (When I'm Big) 
  2. BUENOS DÍAS AMIGUITOS (Good Day Little Friends) 
  3. UNO, DOS Y TRES (One, Two and Three) 
  4. EN EL RANCHO DE MACDONALD (Old MacDonald Had a Farm) 
  5. ¿SABES TU SEMBRAR LA COL? (Do You Know How to Plant Cabbage?) 
  6. CAMINEMOS EN EL BOSQUE (Let's Walk Through the Woods) 
  7. JUGUETES (Toys) 
  8. MI DÍA (My Day) 
  9. DEL SUELO AL CIELO (From the Ground to the Sky) 
  10. EN EL PUENTE DE AVIÑÓN (On the Bridge of Avignon) 
  11. EN EL ZOOLÓGICO (At the Zoo) 
  12. NO HAY FIESTA SIN PASTEL (It's Not a Party Without Cake) 
  13. LA BARBITA (The Goatee) 
  14. PALMAS, PALMAS LAS DOS MANITAS (Clap, Clap Little Hands) 
  15. ADIÓS (Goodbye) 

Learning Spanish should be a little easier for her- I know quite a bit of Spanish and unlike my French language skills (which are limited to my Whistlefritz learning) I can point things out along the way.

The immersion technique of learning a language is more effective and definitely more enjoyable than anything else I have experienced. This CD is a great counterpart to the DVDs that Whistlefritz offers. 

We have been working on a loose academic schedule lately, and we are sure to listen and practice a language a few times a week as a part of the schedule. 

The CDs are such an easy way to make learning fun!

Go ahead- ask my daughter where her "pies" are..

Thanks so much to Whistlefritz for allowing us to review and learn with them. 

We love  ¡Sabor! – Spanish Learning Songs

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.