Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, August 4, 2014

Babyganics Mineral Sunscreen and Pure Mineral Sunscreen Stick SPF50+ Review



Right before my vacation to Ohio, I was sent some new sunscreen products to try from Babyganics. If you have followed along with our eczema battles you know we are big fans of their eczema cream. So we were very happy to sample their sunscreens!





Mineral-Based Sunscreen SPF50+

Pure Mineral Sunscreen Stick SPF50+



Here is the information that I was provided regarding the sunscreens:
No: PABA, phthalates, parabens, fragrances or nano-particles
With 100% natural NeoNourish® Seed Oil Blend to help nurture & support baby’s skin.
Perfect for high exposure areas and targeted protection
Broad spectrum SPF 30 or SPF50+
UVA + UVB protection
Water resistant (80 minutes)
Tear free
Non-allergenic
Pediatrician & Dermatologist tested
Never tested on animals










I was anxious to try these out so I immediately opened them and put some on my arm to check it out.




I was happy to see that the sunscreen did not melt in the container. It is summer here in Phoenix, and MANY of the products we get to test end up suffering in the mail box on hot days. This one held up. That is also a plus in the diaper bag.




The stick is on the top and the cream on the bottom. Both are pretty thick and go a long way. This more than covered my entire arm and hands. It was smooth and easy to put on.

I realized immediately that the cream sunscreen was not a "pure mineral" sunscreen. I had not even read the ingredients yet, assuming that it was, but I could smell the chemical sunscreen...and then I saw that there were non mineral based sunscreens in that formulation in addition to mineral protection. 

This is not a big deal for some families, but I can't use that on my face, and I do not use that on my daughter out of fear that she will have an issue. 

The stick sunscreen IS a "pure mineral" sunscreen and that is the one we ended up using on her.
No issues for either one of us. We did not burn  and we had no rashes etc.





Here you can see the difference in ingredients- the stick formula is on the left and the cream is on the right. 

Overall I am still in love with Babyganics products. They make a range of sunscreens with different formulations for different activities and sensitivities. 


For our family, we do need to stick with the purest mineral formulas out there, but everyone is different. The key is making sure you USE sunscreen every time you and your kids are outside. Whatever isn't covered with clothes and hats is covered in sunscreen.. they don't call Phoenix the Valley of the Sun for nothing!

Thanks so much to Babyganics for letting us try their fantastic sunscreens!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.