Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

V3 Life & Food Pure Premium Raw Organic Yacon Root Syrup Review


I have recently been asked to try V3 Life & Food Pure Premium Raw Organic Yacon Root Syrup. To be honest, I had no idea what it was! I had read a review not to long ago, and saw that the other blogger liked it, so why not!

I was sent the bottle, and I set off to try it. 





First off- what is this?


  • Yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) Syrup is made from organic Yacon fields in Peru.
  • Yacon syrup is low in calories and low on the glycemic index scale, due to high levels of oligofructose (inulin). 
  • This is not metabolized readily by the human body. It is great for diabetics and a great alternative to  low calorie sweeteners.


I decided the best way was to add it to my morning coffee. I don't usually add a sweetener to the sludge I drink, but I have been drinking the Lazy Cardamom Hot Cocoa with marshmallows and instant coffee, so it seemed to be a great choice to try this syrup instead of the marshmallows.



I was pleasantly surprised! The taste was mild, and sweet, kind of maple syrupy. I enjoyed my hot cocoa/mocha/coffee concoction so much, that is how I have been drinking it ever since.

Now, what else can you do with this?

I decided to use a Pinterest Board to collect a bunch of recipes for myself. I am very interested in trying one with V3 Life & Food Pure Premium Raw Organic Yacon Root Syrup in a salad dressing over some arugula. What could be tastier?

This is going to be a great addition to my pantry- a low calorie sweetener that is flexible and tasty!

Thanks so much to V3 Life & Food Pure Premium Raw Organic Yacon Root Syrup for a great idea:)





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.