Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Soap nuts liquid laundry detergent Review

You all must know by now that we use cloth diapers in our household (disposables when we travel.)

I have been struggling a bit since we purchased our new washing machine. It has not been doing so great cleaning the diapers- and the biggest reason is that the soap is not washing out. We rinse about 6 times for diapers to get the soap out- and we are using minimal amounts..




I have used soap nuts in the past to clean my diapers, but it wasn't working as well with this new washing set up. I was happy to be asked to try this liquid product from Green Virgin Products.

Soap nuts are a great way to clean every day laundry as well. I have used them to clean the grown ups laundry for some time. I always buy in bulk and prepare several bags of them at a time so if we lose them during washing and drying, we always have a backup. However, along comes the liquid, and we don't have to worry about fishing out the bags after every wash.

Green Virgin Products has a liquid soap nuts laundry soap that works just as good, if not better than the soap nuts themselves. One little container is enough to wash 120 HE loads. 120! It is a tiny little container!

What I love most about this is that it is a pump. I am able to use 1-3 pumps for our laundry, and there is no need to deal with a dripping cup of laundry soap. Nothing to spill, and nothing taking up a huge amount of space on the washer. Nothing to fall off the washer when it is off balance. (You know this has happened to you!)

Did I mention we don't use fabric softener too? We do use dryer balls, but mainly to get the clothes dryer faster. We don't have a softness issue with our soap nuts- ever!

I like that there is no artificial scent to irritate my skin. It cleans like crazy- and gets out even the funkiest hockey funk from the man's clothing. HOORAY!

If you have not tried soap nuts.. you must. This is a great way to do it!

Check out the website for a whole collection of cleaning products that are green and organic, and effective!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.