Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Shell Game Review


I have enjoyed playing with the last Think Fun game that I reviewed a few months ago, so I was pretty excited to get approved for a review of The Shell Game




I tested this product with my niece last week while I was on vacation. She is not 8, but was interested in seeing how the game was played. (I had brought it for her older brothers, but they were more interested in chasing each other outside, can't blame them for that!)




I set up the game and I read the instructions over a few times to make sure I got it. My niece was very interested in the game pieces and how they worked. 


Once we started playing it, I am not sure she really got the idea. She kind of liked moving the pieces around on the swirls on the game board. She also liked flipping through the gamebook pages to see what was on each page. 

We played a few more times with different game pages and she kind of lost interest after a bit of time. I am not going to hold this against the game at all- she is definitely below the age suggestion for the game.


I think it can be a great brain challenge, but if your child is not interested in board games and thinking games, they will probably not be a good candidate for this ( no beeps and buzzes here;)





I can definitely see how it would be fun to start on the easy first pages and work your way up to the harder levels in the back of the game book. 



It gives you a game that grows in complexity as you do better and learn how to use the shells. For that I really give it a good review alone.






Thanks to Think Fun much for letting us test The Shell Game!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.