Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Robot Turtles Board Game Review



I was recently offered the opportunity to review the Robot Turtles Board Game from Think Fun. It is above the age rating for my daughter, but luckily I have had some other kids at my disposal for the last few weeks. 




Unfortunately, I couldn't get any of them to sit still to test it!
But first- the details-

The game is rated for kids 4 and up and it can be played by 2-5 players at a time.

 The game introduces concepts that lead to computational thinking that will help kids grasp programming later in their educational careers. 

I have to say that the instructions are daunting. I am not terribly confident that a 4 year old will be sitting through the reading of said instructions, so this is definitely an adult guided game for them.

That being said though, the shapes, colors and overall design should still appeal to them. They certainly appeal to 2 year olds;)

Daddy and toddler sat together and popped out the play cards and parts, and he commented on how they appeared to be high quality. He then said- BIG BOARD.

(It just occurred to me that the pieces insert might be useful for some kind of toddler sorting activity later.. fun.)

Dad was pretty impressed with the storage set up for the parts.  It will make it easier to play next time for sure. 

We were able to get going in a few minutes with the basic game play. The 2 of us were done in a few minutes with the simplest play setup. It certainly would be easy enough for the younger age range. 

He then explained the more advanced play set ups and the way that worked. Due to toddler excitement about taking ALL the cards, we did not get to play that set up. However, I can definitely see that it would be a lot more challenging, and fun. 

I would say Daddy's eyes positively LIT UP at the thought of the higher levels. To say it was a kids game was not entirely true apparently!

In truth, I am not a board game fan, but as a parent, I appreciate a toy or game that will be used for more than one developmental level. It always seems a waste to me other wise, and a game is tossed aside when the kid gets bored. This game is not going to have that issue. I can easily see this game in our collection for many years as my daughter develops the skills to advance from level to level. 

Thanks so much to Think Fun for another thoughtful and delightful game! We will be enjoying Robot Turtles Board Game for a long time!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.