Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, July 7, 2014

Grilled Broccoli with Jiva Organics Coriander and Cumin Recipe and Review

I am pretty excited to be able to try out Jiva Organics Coriander powder.  I have recently reviewed their cardamom with a Cardamom and Pistachio Yogurt frosting recipe. I have also reviewed their cumin with a Creamy Cauliflower with Jiva Cumin recipe.





Today I bring you a super simple, but incredibly tasty broccoli treat. First though, I will direct you to my Pinterest board that features a TON of great coriander recipes that I gathered in order to give my bag of ground coriander a work out. There are so many creative ways to use coriander. It was hard to choose!

Ultimately, last night, easy won. My daughter has been mad for broccoli, and has been asking for it. I picked some up at Target last night as well as a basket to cook veggies in on the grill. This recipe could also be made in a frying pan on a stove, or even in the oven.

Ingredients:

clean raw broccoli
ground coriander
ground cumin
olive oil
Himalayan sea salt

I got all the broccoli all chopped and clean and mostly dry in a big glass bowl. I sprinkled on a generous amount of olive oil to coat all the broccoli. I then sprinkled on a few pinches of coriander and cumin and then a tiny pinch of salt. I mixed it all up and threw it into the grilling basket. 

I had the man put the veggie pan on the grill at the same time as the sausage he was cooking. He just left it on there for as long as it took to cook the meat. The basket of veggies was on the top area, so it didn't get direct heat.When he took it off, there were some darkened areas, not burnt, but almost like a fried effect. The broccoli was mostly cooked, but not mushy. This is going to be to your taste really- on the grill, on the stove of where ever. I have seen similar recipes that have the baked veggies in the oven for an hour at 350. I can never wait that long!

I took them out of the pan and put them directly in my mouth.. half of it didn't even end up on a plate.( this is why there isn't a picture of it...)

My daughter is still asking for more the next day, but the 2 of us ate it all! Time to go to the store. 

I can tell you that I love spices, and have cooked with both cumin and coriander in the past. However, nothing has really come close to the flavor that you get from the Jiva Organics spices. Coriander tastes better fresh- there is no comparison if you ask me;) 

I love their ziploc closing seals on their bags It keeps the spices fresher and longer. I suspect I will not have their bags sitting around for very long though. I have been cooking a lot more with their ingredients- trying new things, and giving my daughter new tastes to try. She loves spices!

Thanks again to Jiva Organics for letting us try their delicious products!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.