Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Summer is here, and I was asked to do a  24 oz Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker Review

You simply do not say no to such a request!




Personally, I am a huge fan of mixed drinks. All sorts of fancy ones. I have a Pinterest board for just this thing. I have drinks such as this one on there...

Recipe: Godiva Chocolate Martini (from www.drinksmixer.com)    This recipe states it makes 1 martini, but I would venture to say it is more like 2 servings  1 1/2 shots Godiva® chocolate liqueur  1 1/2 shots creme de cacao  1/2 shot vodka  2 1/2 shots half-and-half  Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass.

GODIVA CHOCOLATE MARTINI

This particular one is associated with the Christmas holidays, but frankly, I think all this holiday association gets in the way of one enjoying a perfectly good drink on an ordinary day. Why wait for Christmas for this cup of yum? Use your shaker now! After all, you are not going to use a whole bottle of Godiva chocolate liquer in 2 weeks are you? ( I couldn't, even as much as I love it.)

I am going to admit that my test of the Cocktail Shaker was on a drink I enjoy all year...the humble humble margarita. And not even a home made one. 

A bottle of Jose Cuervo Gold, and the matching Jose Cuervo mixer for margs.  I actually am VERY boring with my margs on most days. 


Jose Cuervo Margarita MixJose Cuervo Reposado Tequila

But one thing I cannot stand, is taking a swig of my drink and either getting all the tequila, or all the mixer. BLECH. The cocktail shaker is the perfect solution for this. And it also lets me make a bigger margarita than one serving at a time. Hey, I love margs!

SO my test was not fancy, but then, the everyday usage is what needs to be made right?

This shaker is a great size. I love the clean design of it. It is easy to use and clean and it came with a bonus jigger, as my shot glasses seem to run away from me during marg making. This set will be easier to keep together.

Overall, a nice product. If you do not have one, I highly suggest trying one soon.

Thanks so much for letting me try this Cocktail Shaker!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.