Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Spiralizer Spiral Slicer Review with a Recipe for Creamy Steak and Spiral Potatoes

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I was recently asked to try the Spiralizer Spiral Slicer




What an interesting way to create a meal that is interesting to a toddler! I set off to make a roast and some spiral potatoes- I was surprised to find steak in the fridge instead.. and also, the man had purchased a HALF A GALLON of whole cream.. I had an idea...




Here is some information that I was sent from the manufacturer of the spiral slicer:

Benefits of Our Vegetable Spiral Slicer
1. Save time - Create stunning salads within minutes with our 2 julienne size super sharp stainless steel spiralizer blades
2. Quick operation - Just twist vegetable like sharpening a pencil and have your veggie spaghetti in seconds, no need for annoying attachments and complicated preparation or operation
3. Easy to clean - Use our Unique Designed Veggie Spiralizer Brush to clean any vegetable left overs and rinse in tap water or use the dishwasher
4. Compact size - Can be easily stored in your kitchen drawer only 5.2" x 2.8" x 2.8"
5. Easy to handle - Our superior ABS material makes it easy to grab and handle
6. Keeps you safe - Our spiral veggie slicer is BPA free to keep you safe and healthy while handling your food. Also included is a special spiral vegetable cutter handle to keep your fingers safe when reaching to veggie's end
7. Minimum vegetable waste - Our spiral veggie cutter is designed to keep your veggie waste to minimum
8. 25 Salads recipes eBook- You get 25 salads recipes eBook with images
9. Lifetime Risk free Guarantee - If for any reason your are not satisfied with our product, we will give you a full refund no questions asked
10. Price - Get the same results for a much lower price then more expensive solutions





Here is the top view

Side view



Easy to use handle while spiralling

Super sharp cutting surface- do not use fingers to clean! There is a wire brush to clean this out with included!

The tater holder

Creamy Steak and Spiral Potatoes

I started out by spiral cutting my potatoes with the slicer. It was easy to use with the potatoes I had. Ideally you would used something think and long- like zucchini or squash- they would slide easily here.

I filled the pan with potatoes.

Potatoes in progress


Not bad for a first effort! Then I filled the pan!
 Next I grabbed my steaks, and placed them on top of the potatoes. ( there were some little end pieces, and I just sliced those in.)


I filled the pan with creamer and put a huge amount of butter on top of it all. NOTE- that was way too much butter, even for me.. go with less. Especially with the whole cream. But don't take it out entirely.

I put the whole thing in the oven and cooked for 350 for about 45 minutes. Your meat may be thicker or thinner, so check this often.



Here is the completed meat.  I cooked it up with some Cumin and Olive oil coated carrots.
Too much butter in my pan, but MAN was it good. The potatoes soaked up all the tasty goodness!


I was very pleased at the way the spiral slicer helped me to get thin and even spirals for this dish, the toddler loved the little squiggles on her plate and it was a win!

I think in the future we will try some squashes to make spirals with a dish like this!

Thanks so much for letting us try the Spiralizer Spiral Slicer



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.