Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

"On Va Jouer - Let's Play" French Immersion for Kids DVD Review


I was recently given the opportunity to review a brand new French immersion DVD for kids  "On Va Jouer - Let's Play."  

On Va Jouer

I was very happy about this because my daughter absolutely adored the music CD that Whistlefritz sent to us not long ago. 

You can see the review here for Allons Danser Lets Dance

I do not speak French myself, although I do know a few words. I should correct myself- I used to know a few less words.. now I know more! 

First of all, when we received the DVD I told my daughter that it was a French movie. She was jumping around excitedly to open it. She really has enjoyed the music from the CD, asking for it often, and now it is more so with the DVD. 

We have had On Va Jouer for a few weeks, and my daughter asks for Whistle Fritz or French French by name and we watch it.. often 2 or 3 times in a row.  

(The price of the DVD is worth it alone just to hear a toddler say Whistle Fritz.)

She dances during the musical segments. 

I cannot think of anything funnier than a toddler dancing like Axl Rose while listening to a French rendition of Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.

She laughs like a crazy toddler during a section on sneezing. 

If she knew how to rewind the DVD herself, she would probably watch that section over and over again.

It occurs to me today, as she is watching it, that she loves watching the kids most of all. They dance, sing and they repeat words and interact with "Marie" the star of the show. 



She came up to me after Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes and told me what the parts were (In English) but I can tell she knows there is something going on in the DVD. 

I think the age is exactly perfect to introduce the concepts of language. 

She understands what she is watching. 

I can see it. She has not spoken any French yet, but we are really working on saying words and repeating in English, so I am sure some French repetition is just around the corner.

( AND- as I typed that- she just said bouche.. )

Immersion is a great way to pick up any language, and these DVDs and CDs are great ways to introduce French to a child.. or even her mom;)  There is a French and even a Spanish series of DVDs so that there is continuity of learning. 

Check out On Va Jouer - Let's Play and experience what we are- it is incredibly fun! It is available on DVD and also on Amazon Instant video.

Thanks again to Whistlefritz for letting us experience their French immersion products.



Don't forget to like them on Facebook for special deals and updates on new products!