Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, June 23, 2014

Grazia Silicone 24 Cup MINI Muffin Pan Review




I was offered a Grazia Silicone 24 Cup MINI Muffin Pan to try and I was excited to do so!



I don't know about you, but I had never cooked with a silicone baking pan of any sort before. I have used silicone baking mats over the years for cookies and pastries and such, and have been very pleased with them. 

For some reason these red pans catch my eye and seem to be so darn appealing. My house is full of neutral tones, so once in awhile I do like to spice things up. Red is the color!


So what is it like cooking with a silicone pan compared to a metallic pan? 


First off- toddlers love them. My daughter uses silicone ice cube trays in her Montessori set up so it was actually a few weeks before I got to sneak this pan away from her and call it my own.

Second- don't let the toddler have it unless you are willing to spend some time cleaning dog hair off of it. It gets all static-y. (maybe this is a no brainer for you but she loves to open packages and she saw this and claimed it.) Once it is no longer on the living room floor this is not an issue.. 

Third- You will need to make sure you place a pan underneath it in the oven. Silicone pans are a lot of things, and floppy is one. This is completely awesome when you are taking something out of them though- they just pop out!

Fourth- Do not leave these on the stove top. They are rated to a high temp for normal baking needs, but they are not for direct contact with fire. 

(ask me sometime what happens if you use silicone ice cube trays to melt crayons in the microwave.. yea, don't do that either- crayons take a looooong time to melt, and they get WAY hotter than you think)

How did the food turn out?
Great. I really did not notice much cooking time change, and I didn't butter up the pan like I normally would, but that is a good thing. It was easy to use, SUPER easy to clean up and storage- well- you will have to talk to the toddler about that. Once it was clean... well.. you know...

Thanks to the makers of the  Grazia Silicone 24 Cup MINI Muffin Pan for letting us try this out!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.