I have recently become aware of a new website, and I have to say, I am impressed.
How does Swap.com work?
Here is information from their online guide:
4 STEP QUICK GUIDE
Step 1 - Pack
Pack the items you want to trade into a box
You can use your own box, or request one from us. For clothes and other non-breakable items, you can alternatively request a shipping bag from us.
Step 2 - Shipping
Print or request the prepaid shipping label and let UPS ship the package
After you have paid the shipping, you can print the UPS shipping label directly from our site or request a label to be mailed to you. Then you can either take the package to a UPS collection point or hand it to the UPS driver
Step 3 - Set price
Set a sales price for your items
Once you receive notification that your items are listed, go and set a sales price for each item.
Step 4 - Ready
Your items will look fantastic and can be swapped or purchased by others.
- I personally love the fact that the items are photographed by a pro. Whenever I try to sell something on Ebay I have the hardest time getting my stuff to look good. I don't have a good place to take pictures of clothes, and I have a toddler who likes to get in the pictures. Not to mention the fact that if she sees her clothes she wants them! She knows what is hers and does not want to give it up.
- I also love the way that the items are screened by Swap.com. They want your items to sell, and have an interest in making sure everything is clean, in good condition and something that the other swappers will love. If you are buying, you can feel confident that the items are as described, with no hidden issues.
- As a buyer you are also guaranteed to get your item. Ebay can be a gamble for this. I have bid and not received items and it is maddening. As a seller, you are guaranteed to get paid. I have also been burned by failed buyers. That is no fun.
- If you are buying items from multiple people you can combine shipping. This is fabulous. So many times I have passed on Ebay items because the shipping was too high to order from 2 or 3 people. It is a lot more like Amazon, where you have a shopping cart, and it just adds the stuff and the shipping is one price.
- You can even swap your items for other items on the site!
- Shipping is within one day. No waiting around wondering when you will get an item. SO much easier.
It seems like a win win for the sellers and the buyers. I can see myself using this service for years to come- toys, clothes, and sporting equipment especially! Check out Swap.com