Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Old projects from my embroidery machine

A loooong time ago, in a sewing room not so far away, I used to do a lot of embroidering on my Huskvaarna Rose machine. 

I was reminded of all the good times by a fellow blogger who has a much fancier machine than mine...  Belinda Lee Designs.  She has an incredible video at that link showing how she makes her designs. It was really cool to watch- check it out. Thanks to her for this trip down memory lane:) She also has a great shop you can check out.


Anyway, she asked what I had made, and I went digging around to see if I had any pictures. I had given most of the stuff away as gifts, so I had to go back to the way back machine.. 



Gramma towel 2006
Gramma never runs out of cookies or hugs.
hummingbird towel

I used that design on about 1000 gifts. It looked so nice.

Xmas towel
I do actually have this still- 5 years later it still looks great. It is put away with the Christmas stuff at the moment.


This was a combo of embroidery with punching yarn.


I have this somewhere too- it had a MCI logo on it, so I embroidered those snowflakes on satin then sewed it onto the scarf. It held up nicely too!

I love my Husqvarna Rose embroidery machine. I use it often for sewing, but not as much for embroidery since the baby was born. It takes me a little time to get back into the groove with it. 


I am thinking of taking a class on Craftsy to refresh myself- maybe one of these: