Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Natracare Organic Feminine Hygiene Products Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I was recently asked to review a set of Natracare products, and I could not have been more pleased!









The company has been around for almost 25 years, in response to the chemicals and toxins that are found in most feminine hygiene products in the US.


I was sent an awesome package that included: 


  • Natracare organic cotton tampons
  • Natracare organic and natural panty liners (fold and wrap) 
  • Natracare and soft cleansing organic cotton intimate wipes


They even sent me a "Natracare sisters" t-shirt.

Now let's be honest about feminine care products- they are not glamorous and exciting like some other products you may have seen reviewed here, but I can say, that they are very important.

There are not many products that we deal with that are close to our intimate areas. It is important that these products not only WORK but that they do not cause us issues with rashes, irritation and worse- harm from chemical exposure.

Natracare gets this, and has for a long time. They made the world's first fully certified organic cotton tampons. They are also GMO-free cotton. Their pads and packaging are 100% plastic-free, biodegradable and compostable. You couldn't ask for more from an environmental perspective.

But like I said- if the product isn't useful, all of that is meaningless.

I received the package of product right after my cycle ended last month, so I had to wait until it came back. When it finally showed up, I got my chance. 

Natracare organic cotton tampons

I do not use tampons all the time when I am home, mostly when I go out and such. I need something easy to use, and something that won't fail on me. 

I would like to report that the product worked just the same as other brands of tampons. 
So if you were thinking you were giving something up to go green, you aren't.

The design is pretty standard, from applicator to the insert part. It absorbs well, and I experienced no issues. If you are used to a cardboard applicator from another popular brand, you will have no surprises. If you are switching from plastic, it will be a small change. If you use no applicator, they have a product with no applicator as well.( I will admit it is not my favorite, but I do feel guilty about the extra resource being used to produce the applicator, even if it is composted.) 



I have read about many women that have issues with "regular" rayon and cotton blend tampons that are out there. It is no surprise to me as an environmental, health and safety professional. The products contain dioxin, and are bleached with chlorinated products. This is not the kind of stuff you want to insert into your delicate lady bits! 

In my opinion, ALL companies should be using organic cotton!


Natracare organic and natural panty liners 

The same can be said for panty liners, only these can be worse. In addition to the chemicals, they are also using plastic linings. These can cause many women issues with thrush and rashes and such because they are not giving the area a chance to breathe during their cycle. There is much data to support this. 

When I used these all natural liners, I was very pleased at how well they breathed, but still were functional. 

Natracare and soft cleansing organic cotton intimate wipes

I have never really used intimate wipes to be honest. I have however, taken baby wipes samples and stashed them in my "monthly" bag so if I am out and need a little something extra to clean up with, I would have it. They are ok, but the chemicals in many baby wipes are pretty scary. These wipes were nice because they were not loaded with chemicals, nor with a weird baby wipe smell. They were soft and soothing, and caused me no issues. I will be happy to replace those baby wipes with these!


Overall, I would definitely suggest Natracare products. You are protecting your own health, not contributing to the chemical pollution of the environment and also keeping that special time of the month under wraps!

Thanks so much to Natracare for sending me these products to review!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.