Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Move & Groove Toddler Game Review


Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


I was recently asked to review a game for my toddler- Move & Groove.





My daughter just turned two. She is just starting to be at the age where she takes direction on physical activities to do like put your hands up or clap or such. 

Sure, she does all those things, but being a toddler, not always when you ask. She really just started doing what she sees on cartoons and such- so this game came at exactly the right time.




Here is my daughter checking out her new toy. She was excited, and knew right away that it was for her without me saying a word!


Here she is seeing if it makes noise, how it feels in her hands.
( Sorry for the blur- toddlers move pretty fast sometimes)



The manufacturer sent me the following information:

Move & Groove™ (Ages 18 months and up, two or more players, MSRP: $19.99)

Toddlers learn through active movement in the spirit of Roll & Play!

Move & Groove is the first dance game for toddlers that will get them up, active, and ready to learn! Watch your child boogie down and live it up while building gross motor skills, balance, and coordination. Game play is simple: toss the plush cube, choose one of 48 matching cards, and do the move such as: play the air guitar, shake your shoulders or dance the funky chicken. It’s a fun way to learn colors, recognize words and images, follow instructions, and build confidence and creativity.

No, it does not really bounce...

 
 

She finally decided to see what the cards were about. She spent a long time looking at each one. Telling me about them.

 

She was pretty amazed that the cards went in the pocket of the cube- a great idea, so they don't get lost! 

We ended up sitting down with Daddah and playing with the game. We took turns rolling the cube, then selecting cards, and playing out what the card indicated.

It is a pretty simple concept. I am not sure she entirely understood what we were doing but she did get taking turns and acting out the cards. Getting that movement from her is the most important part of the game at this point I think- and spending time with the parents of course!

We were all sweaty after a few of the cards- jumping, rolling.. it was a blast. We need to make sure we make a little more room on the floor next time though.

Overall, I think this is a great game to add to the collection. If you are looking for something that doesn't need batteries, and cause your child to zone out in a digital wasteland, this is a good choice. We spent time together, we laughed and we all got a little exercise.

Thanks so much to Move & Groove for letting us try this!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.