Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Adovia Dead Sea Mud Shampoo Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I have been pretty lucky lately with reviews. Adovia has had several items sent to me to try, and I have to say, so far I love them all.



I was offered a bottle of Dead Sea Mud Shampoo to try most recently. I was pretty happy to give it a whirl!

When you think of getting cleaner, you don't always think about rubbing mud all over your head- but think again! Dead Sea mud is very highly rated for its incredible properties.

Here is the information provided by the manufacturer:

Adovia's Dead Sea Mud Shampoo is specially formulated with natural ingredients such as Dead Sea Mud, Chamomile & Olive Oil to bring deep hydration and moisture to the scalp, relieving itching and flakiness. Dead Sea Mud has been known for centuries for it's healing properties and people travel from all over the world to come and experience it's effects at the Dead Sea. Dead Sea Salts and Mud have been featured on CNN, in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Dead Sea Mud contains the highest concentration of minerals found in mud anywhere in the world. Finally the benefits of Dead Sea mud and salt are presented to you in shampoo form! These minerals are all essential for proper skin function and help to regulate moisture retention as well as hydration. You complete satisfaction is guaranteed.




I have been using this shampoo for a few weeks now, and I have been entirely pleased with it. The scent is nice, but mild, It leaves a little behind on my hair, but not overwhelming, just enough to smell clean.

I might have mentioned it before, but I have a bit of a sensitive scalp. I am very limited in what kinds of shampoos I can use on a daily basis. Some, actually many shampoos give me these kind of rashy bumpy wounds for lack of a better word on my head when I use them. So I have to be careful what I use. 
I have not narrowed it down to what I have issues with..

I am happy to report that this shampoo has not given me any issues. I have been rash free and my scalp has been very happy.

My hair, well it looks great. 

Shiny, clean and not weighted down. This rinses out nicely, and no, it isn't like using mud. It is creamy, a little thicker than the average shampoo, but very smooth.

 I usually will use a conditioner, but I did not use any with this shampoo.

 (until this week- I will be reviewing the conditioner that goes with this shampoo next;)

I was able to get my brush through my hair easily and have been very happy with the moisture levels without the conditioner. 

On a weird note, it occurred to me today as I was showering, that I really like that the bottle is clear. I am busy a lot of the time, and a solid colored shampoo bottle always tricks me into thinking I have enough to wash my hair and I run out. A clear bottle lets you know when you are running low, and can stock up early!

I have been very happy with this shampoo, and look forward to using it every day (or whenever I get to shower.)

Thanks again to Adovia for choosing me to review this shampoo. I am looking forward to more!




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.