Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Creamy Cauliflower with Jiva Organic Cumin Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I was recently asked to review Jiva Organic Cumin and I could not be happier! I immediately set out to find cumin recipes so I could make tons of luscious recipes for my family. 





I ended up with a whole Pinterest board to house them. I am certain that I will be adding to this board, because I have a HUGE bag of cumin and I don't want to waste a drop.




First off, I love organics as you know. Sometimes my budget does not allow for it. I was lucky cauliflower was on sale, so we got a nice little head of it.  Also- the bag of cumin that I was sent was such a reasonable price. If you love spices and cooking, you should consider checking out all of their spices.

The bag smelled incredible when I opened it. This is like when you open up a new bag of coffee and you get that first whiff of yumminess. You just can smell that it is fresh. Also, the bag seals back up so you can have that experience the next time you open it again. Delights!

So onto the first thing we cooked with it- 


Creamy Cauliflower with Jiva Organic Cumin

Ingredients:

A head of cauliflower (ours was kind of on the small side)
2 cloves of garlic, peeled, but not really chopped
Splashes of Whole organic heavy whipped cream ( you could sub milk or even a vegetarian stock here)  
Jiva Organic Cumin ( 1/2 tsp for the small head of cauliflower)
Himalayan salt- to taste, or not at all if you use stock for liquid




1. Cut up the cauliflower and clean it. Removing all the bits you don't normally eat. We don't eat the chunky stalk part so much, so I cut some off. 

2. Boil cauliflower and garlic in water or stock until tender. I have read 8 minutes. Mine took 10. Just test it once you get past 8.

3. Strain out the cauliflower and garlic.Keep some of the stock if you are using it.

4. Add 1/2 tsp cumin into food processor and add cauliflower and garlic. Blend in a food processor or hand mixer. I used our baby food steamer/masher. It is easier to get to in my kitchen.

5. Add cream or stock as needed to get the creaminess desired. 

6. Taste- don't burn yourself- and add the Himalayan salt as needed.

Ours served me and the toddler for dinner with some sausages. YUM!

I was very pleased with the result. The cumin was absolutely perfect in the cauliflower. It is just enough to taste it without it being overwhelming.  I will be making tons of new cumin recipes over the next few weeks, so be sure to check back. 


If you want to check out Jiva- go Like their Facebook page!

Thanks so much to  Jiva Organic Cumin for a great dinner!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.