Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, May 19, 2014

ALLONS DANSER! (LET'S DANCE!) Review- Learning French through Music

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


My daughter is just over 2 and she loves music. I was very excited to be approved for the cd Allons chanter! (Let’s sing!)




We do not speak French in our house, but the toddler has shown interest in listening to other languages, so we have been encouraging this. The new cd we received lets her enjoy the sound of French, along with some very catchy tunes. 

First, some information from the manufacturer:

 "Allons danser  (Let’s dance!) Apprenons le français  (Let’s learn French!)

 Get in the language-learning groove with this fun-filled collection of original tunes and beloved traditional favorites performed by internationally-acclaimed French artists Marie-Louise Desage and Didier Prossaird. 

From“Bonjour Les Amis” to “Au Revoir”, kids and adults will want to dance and sing along to these irresistible rhythms and catchy lyrics that introduce French words and phrases such as numbers (“Un, Deux et Trois”), parts of the body (“La Tête, Les Épaules/Head, Shoulders”) and children’s favorite topics (“Quand Je Serai Grand/When I’m Big” and “Y’a Pas de Fête Sans Gâteau/It’s Not a Party Without Cake.”) A rollicking rendition of “Le Vieux MacDonald (Old MacDonald)” puts a French twist on a beloved classic. Take the music and fun along with this French learning CD which makes learning French as easy as un, deux, trois!"


The first time we listened to the cd my daughter started squealing and dancing around in circles. It is her way to show her joy, and it is a pretty awesome thing to behold. ( The minute the camera comes out she stops of course.) 

When I sing along with the lyrics, she stops and watches me. This especially happens with “Le Vieux MacDonald (Old MacDonald)”. She recognizes that this is not the usual stuff I say and not the song she usually hears- but another language. She is pretty fascinated. 

Right now she is just barely starting to sing along with songs, and I think this is going to be one of the ones she picks up fast. She enjoys the music so much! Eventually she will learn all the words, and we can talk about what it all means. There is a real learning opportunity here. 

Mostly though, I love how she dances about. It is sometimes hard to motivate toddlers to move about when they know the television is right there, but she really likes this cd and it gets her moving. 

Thanks so much to Whistlefritz for letting us review their awesome product!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.