Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Yummy Cinnamon Rolls and a Review of Baker's Mat

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



I was recently asked if I could review a silicone Baker's Mat. I was pretty excited about this! ( my daughter was too- she heard mat and thought it was a mat to stand on so she did- it has passed the toddler test...)


My first opportunity presented itself when the man was making himself some pizza. We don't run the oven unless we are making more than one thing. It heats up the house and the AC is already running, so we have to make it worth it.. I felt lazy to make something from complete scratch so I grabbed some stuff on hand...


Grand's crescent rolls, some butter, cinnamon and sugar.



I decided at the last minute to add some of this ground vanilla that I had been saving. Just a sprinkle though!

I rolled out the dough in pieces like this.


I spread some melted butter/sugar etc. mix on each piece and rolled them into little burritos. I cooked them for about 3 minutes longer than the packaged dough said- since it is rolled so thick. 

Here is the finished product. 

Yea- I put too much butter, so it went everywhere! Lol. It cooked up great though. I was very pleased with the mat and its performance. The baked on butter and sugar was so easy to clean. Normally I have to scrub like crazy with a metal pan and I end up ruining the surface of the pan. No issue with that here. It can even go in the dishwasher if you feel like it. I would never put my baking pans in there- they get rusty!

I also like to use parchment paper, but being the treehugger that I am, I know that in the long run this is a much better choice. No trees! I can fold this up and store it in the drawer with my tin foil and such and I don't have to worry about it being torn or damaged. 

Apparently it is safe to use up to 480 degrees- which is much higher than any baking I do- no issues with that! 

Overall I would definitely recommend using this mat for baking. It is inexpensive, keeps cleanup down to a minimum and it is eco friendly. 

Thanks so much to Baker's Mat for sending me this product for review. We will be using it for a long time!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.