Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Monday, April 14, 2014

What to do with Easter leftovers- Chicken Egg Macaroni Salad

We went to a family gathering this weekend, and the kids all colored Easter eggs. We were sent home with a handful of hardboiled eggs to eat. 



My toddler does love eggs. She only eats them as she is in the mood. Apparently today was not the mood. Maybe because she had some on Saturday. Who knows what moves a toddler..

So what to do? I peeled them up. I also had some Costco rotisserie chicken to eat. And oddly enough, a container of may that is expiring at the end of the month. 

I boiled up some macaroni. The toddler will always eat pasta. Plain oddly enough.

I see my lunch suddenly forming.

Here is what ended up in the bowl:

3 Hard boiled eggs
a pile of macaroni
half of a rotisserie chicken
a few spoonfuls of mayo
a squirt or two of mustard

Sorry- no measurements. This is one of those things that should be mixed on the fly! I might add some olives later since the toddler loves those too. 

We will be getting more eggs, and I envision next week this recipe having ham instead of chicken. I want to pick up some fancier mustard though- I like stone ground mustard and we are fresh out... 

What else do you add to your salads?