Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

MIRA Lunch Box, Snack Box, Stainless Steel 2 Container Set Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.



If you have followed our blog long enough, you know we are constantly trying to find new ways to keep our home safe from chemicals for out toddler. 






Over the years, I have loved glass for myself, but it isn't always practical for taking places, and it is definitely not great with a toddler.  We struggle with her need to throw things, or simply drop them from time to time. We have no carpet in our home, and some marble tile in the kitchen, so dropping glass is perilous for us.

Stainless is a great alternative for us. I was happy to be offered a sample of lunch box containers from 
Mira Brands

They sent me 2 containers with blue lids to test out. The information they provided: 

"Featuring non-toxic kid-friendly easy-snap secure lids
Free of BPA, phthalates, PVC and lead

Containers are made of unlined 18/8 food-grade stainless steel, lids are made of non-toxic LDPE number 4 plastic, 2 small containers 5-ounces


Perf
ect snack packing solution. Eco-Friendly and Reusable.


Holds fresh or dried fruit, nuts, cheerios, pretzels, sandwiches, hummus, and more!"



I must say that we love these containers. My daughter squealed in delight when I opened the package, as if she just knew they were for her. She grabbed them and ran off and put all kinds of things in them- her beads, toys, Little People, etc.  She could open and close the lids herself, which is not always the case for her. 

It was days before I got to actually touch them myself. I finally got to wash them up and serve her some black berries in them. I was very happy to see they were in pristine shape still. No scratches, no dents. She didn't even tear up the lids. These containers ARE toddler proof.



This is the bottom view..post toddler....

They were great. She didn't eat all of her snack, so I just popped the lid on, stuck them in the fridge and later they were back out. 

She loved the sensation of the cold bowl. She ate the berries this time. 



They are going to be great for lunches out- I can fit one of these in my purse filled with some gold fish or other small snacks, and she will be very happy to munch away on them. I also see her trying to take them from me again to play with if given the chance. 

These are a definite must have when we start packing actual school lunches or back to work lunches!

Thanks so much to Mira Brands for sending these for us to try!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.