Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Vitamin K1 8% Intensive Serum Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I have some sincerely nasty skin. I live in Arizona and it is so dry here, that sometimes my nose even bleeds just due to the lack of moisture. Add in the air conditioner or heater and it is even worse.. We have tried adding humidifiers, but that is another story entirely. 

Hard water and humidifiers do not mix...



So we need to moisturize. 


Sometimes that is not enough. In fact, most times it is not enough. The air is under 10% humidity, so heroic efforts are required here.

I have a few patches of skin that are super dry and rough, and although I could probably go see a dermatologist about these, I really hate using their chemical laden creams, and they are expensive!

I was very excited to try a product from Bioque

It is their Vitamin K1 8% Intensive Serum.  It is listed as being able to help a variety of skin conditions:

"This miracle cream works to relieve the appearance varicose veins, age spots, dark circles under the eyes, skin redness, stretch marks, scars, bruises, hyper-pigmentation and sun damage."

I could certainly use a skin miracle, so what the heck right? Scars and redness are on my list of issues for certain.

I was not sure what to expect, but I liked the ingredients that they list:


Active Ingredients
•  Vitamin K1
•  Vitamins A, B and E
•  Jojoba Oil
•  Aloe
•  Sweet Almond
•  Arnica Flower Extract
•  Horse Chestnut


So where are my nasty skin patches?



This is my shin. Note the little red blotches. These are from complete irritation. They itch too. I was at my birthday party a few weeks ago, and I inadvertently scratched myself, and I was bleeding! It was terrible.  


This is my knee. I have scars on both of my knees from falling off my bike all the time when I was a kid. We lived on a dirt road... I wiped out a lot! Anyway, they get so dry, and they also itch. Nothing has been really effective on this area. Exfoliation is not an option...



Finally, the most annoying place- in between my big toe and second toe. This actually gets calloused, and thick. Gross right? I have nasty feet and skin. Lol. Sorry! 


 So- how did the lotion work?

It went on great. Cool and creamy. Felt nice.



I was surprised that it was this orangey yellow color. It kind of made me think there was orange oil in it, as it smelled that way to me. The ingredients do not reflect that- but it smells great no matter what it is. It rubbed in great, and it made my legs less itchy pretty quickly. 

They also looked better. The camera didn't really capture that, so I exclude those pix.. but trust me, they looked, and more importantly, FELT better.

I put on my cotton socks ( from another review) and I let my skin bask in happiness. I highly suggest this part for feet and legs if you are treating dry skin- at least in Arizona.

Results? Great!

Over a few days I did notice that my skin was not getting irritated as much, and the skin tone was definitely improving. I was not getting those nasty little red bumps, and I was not itching like a crazy person.

I would definitely like to try it on a few other places on my body! 




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.