Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Review of Vinyl Disorder Vinyl Nail Decals

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I was recently given the opportunity to review a product I hadn't tried before. It is vinyl nail decals. This seemed like a pretty neat idea, and I felt like I might need to be fancy for my birthday party, so this was my moment. 


VinylDisorder sent me 2 sheets of vinyl decals to try- hearts and stars.  They are a kind of shiny silver hologram print, and they were very sparkly!


Here are some lovely pictures of my nails before I applied the decals. I just used some old polish I had lying about. I was going to be wearing green, so I wanted to match.


 
As you can see, I am not the world's best manicurist.. but I think they look pretty cool so far...




So, yea, they are a little dull. This polish was matte, and needing a little something...I peeled off the vinyl decals from the paper, and placed them on my nails. I will say, I have never done it before, and I got the hang of it after a few tries. I wanted them all centered, but it didn't exactly go that way.


A note I will make- if you don't get them set right, it is not going to be a good idea to try to peel them up and redo. 





I think they turned out pretty neat.

I ended up using several coats of clear polish over them. I think I used some old clear polish that I had. I think it would be a lot more durable with a thicker polish. The decals that I moved ended up peeling up on me- my bad. The ones I applied correctly stayed put. 

I have some additional decals to use, and I know I will do a great job on them. More to come when that happens!

Thanks so much to VinylDisorder  for letting me give them a try!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.