Disclosure: I may have received a free product or other compensation for any/all products on this site in exchange for my honest review.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Prom Dresses for Big Girls at Dress First


I was recently asked to review an online site for prom dresses, and I thought that might be fun. 

Even though I am not really a girly girl, I really enjoy fashion gazing. Ever since I was a kid, I have loved looking at fancy dresses. I am a little picky in my style though, so in real life, combined with my size, I find dress shipping extremely frustrating. I hate going from store to store, looking at all the dresses not in my size and coming back empty handed.

I have not been to prom in quite a few moons, but I can say, that buying formal dresses, or any dresses at all, is almost impossible when you are a plus sized lady.  There seems to be some sort of unwritten code in many stores, that if you are bigger, you are not going to be able to look as nice as the smaller kids. BLAH- I say. We shall be driven to an online option. As it turns out, this isn't half bad!

Prom is going to come up faster than you think. Once you start shopping in the stores, you will realize that you will be in for a long search for a bigger sized girl. Save yourself some time, and shop online...


Empire Sweetheart Floor-Length Chiffon Tulle Prom Dress With Ruffle Beading Sequins (018004900)

I found a dress I loved  on Dress First within 2 clicks. In my size!

This dress reminds me of an old school 50's dress I remember seeing in an old Vogue at the library. That kind of style is timeless, and can look good on any figure.

This dress can also be customized in a few different bodice and skirt colors. By few I mean over 20, and this is insane. The dress is made custom for you, as you want it.

I am thinking that although these are listed as prom dresses, and they are awesome for prom- they are pretty alright for other events as well!

They have a great selection of floor length, tea length or short dresses, in a variety of styles. They have great options for the ladies that want to show off some skin or keep it more covered (parents every where are cheering for modesty!)

Women's Satin Stiletto Heel Closed Toe Platform Pumps With Rhinestone Crystal Heel (047031205)

They also have a fantastic selection of shoes. These are a bit on the pricier side, but they have shoes under $20 as well. I challenge you to find that in a department store!


I decided to go back and look a little more, just to see what I could find...

Sheath Sweetheart Asymmetrical Taffeta Prom Dress With Ruffle Lace Beading (018019120)

Again, this comes in a great selection of colors, and this has a really on trend back-

Sheath Sweetheart Asymmetrical Taffeta Prom Dress With Ruffle Lace Beading (018019120)

I love it! 

There is no reason to leave this site without a dress, which is going to make your teenager ecstatic. 

Check this link out to go directly to the plus size dresses : Dress First


Sheath Sweetheart Short/Mini Sequined Prom Dress (018019186)  A-Line/Princess One-Shoulder Floor-Length Chiffon Prom Dress With Ruffle Beading Sequins (018020706)A-Line/Princess Sweetheart Sweep Train Tulle Charmeuse Prom Dress With Ruffle Lace Beading (018025277)A-Line/Princess Sweetheart Asymmetrical Organza Charmeuse Prom Dress With Ruffle Beading (018025630)
Here are a few more selections to get you motivated!

I noticed that they are offering free shipping on dresses until 1/8, so if you can make up your mind fast, you can save a little extra money! Bonus!



Disclosure: I may have received compensation to write the post above, however, this in no way has influenced my opinion on the actual content of the site. I offer my honest opinion on all of my posts!